5 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fellowship location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
When cards and rules reference the Fellowship's location (i.e. Hunt re-rolls), does that mean the last known location? As in, where the figure is currently placed?

Because they could be anywhere up to the number on the fellowship track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They refer to the location of the fellowship miniature (so yes to last known location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
So, in theory, it might make sense to voluntarily declare the fellowship's position to move the figure if the SP entered that region, which would allow hunt re-rolls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. It also allows to make sure you have passed through certain regions without begin hunted. If the hunt reveals the fellowship, you are forced to take steps, while declaring allows for more freedom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
There is at least one card that refers to the fellowship location as a region. Nazgul strike or nazgul search I believe. The wording of the card almost resulted in a fight between my girlfriend and I because when we first played thegame, I explained to her that the figure represented the fellowships last known location. I played one of those two cards mentioned while she was not in a stronghold and she had 3 movement on the track and argued that since she had movement and was hidden, I technically did not know what "region" she was in and the full effect of the card could not take place.
Lesson learned that night, "last known position" and "in the same region as" are the same thing, regardless of how much movement the fsp has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.