Hide
15 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Where else can I buy Star Wars x-wing miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ray
msg tools
Hi everyone! I love this game! But besides your local game store, comic shop, or online stores where would or do you buy the awesome game from? Or is there another option? I myself use Barnes and noble. Just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon, Cool Stuff Inc, and Miniature Market are my go to places. I'm a little disappointed that FFG / Asmodee hasn't made more of a push towards more traditional retail markets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Unruh
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly use www.thewarstore.com myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pretty much swear by Miniature Market, with a splash of eBay when I can get lucky or just want a specific upgrade card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Snape
United Kingdom
Blandford Forum
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to use my local game store. It's only a small shop in a small town and I like to support local shops if possible. Some months I swear I single-handedly keep them in business!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
Miniature market is a go to for me. At Barnes and noble I get 10% off and every once in a while I'll get a 20% off coupon that with the card really help with the bigger ships like raider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like www.fantasywelt.de (in Europe obviously)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
get off my avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasywelt are pretty cheap, my no 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market and Amazon are my first go to's, but I do use CoolStuffInc.com on occasion. I too try to support the FLGS but I can't/won't always. I mean c'mon, $68 for the Raider at Amazon with cheap or no shipping (Amazon Prime) or $100 MSRP at the game store? About the same for Armada Core or Imperial Assault. $15 for a single ship at the store vs. $10 + shipping online is much more reasonable. In that case I'll support my buds at the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friendc wrote:
Miniature Market and Amazon are my first go to's, but I do use CoolStuffInc.com on occasion. I too try to support the FLGS but I can't/won't always. I mean c'mon, $68 for the Raider at Amazon with cheap or no shipping (Amazon Prime) or $100 MSRP at the game store? About the same for Armada Core or Imperial Assault. $15 for a single ship at the store vs. $10 + shipping online is much more reasonable. In that case I'll support my buds at the store.

Miniature Market's new flat rate shipping means I almost only shop with them (no Prime) -- if I buy a minimum of two small ships, I'm saving money. If I buy more, there is a direct increase in the amount of money saved.

When I only want one item, I'll usually troll eBay for an item with free shipping that shaves off a couple bucks.

Can't stomach MSRP 90% of the time at a store, though I might grab a small expansion here and there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
The only places that I can find x-wing(that not online or at local gaming store) is at Hastings and Barnes and noble where I live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Brutilus wrote:
Amazon, Cool Stuff Inc, and Miniature Market are my go to places. I'm a little disappointed that FFG / Asmodee hasn't made more of a push towards more traditional retail markets.

I'm glad they don't. It would take away from the local game stores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
Yenam I agree with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I can't quite wrap my brain around is how the online places can cut the price as much as they do. It seems like there is at least a ~30% discount off MSRP at most of the online outlets. The core set alone retails for $40, but most of the online stores have it for about $27. How is that even possible?! It makes it hard to consider supporting the local game store when I know I'm paying 50% more than if I bought online.

(and yes, my math adds up. If the online price is 30% less than MSRP, then the MSRP is actually 50% more than the online price. MSRP=$15, Online=$10 as one example. Most folks get this, but I don't want to start a fight and get OT)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ray
msg tools
I have a Barnes and noble club card and get 10% off one item. I also get add extra 20% email coupon maling 30% one item I like that. My local store in little rock this week has buy one get one half off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.