Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry... My translation of the HKn cards from French to English is less then I was hoping for. Quick search here, but is there any good non-Google translations of the cards?

Thx,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Caston
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think this is what the English version hard knock cards say. The only one I don't have is the Merry Christmas card, if someone could post that it would be much appreciated:

-Egoïste – Selfish - Your Support tile is always redirected to yourself

-Mutisme – Mute – You can no longer speak or communicate with other players in any way. You may not use a Speech

-Démoralisé – Demoralised – When the Morale drops, flip one extra card (minimum 4)

-Peureux – Fearful - On your turn, you must withdraw if 2 identical Threats are active

-Entêté – Hardheaded – You cannot withdraw as long as you have 2 or more cards in hand

-Maladroit – Clumsy – After your withdrawal, you must draw a Trial card and play it

-Orgeilleux – Prideful – You may withdraw only if your hand is empty, or if you are the last one still in the Mission

-Fragile – Fragile – Other players cannot withdraw as long as they have any cards in hand

-Tyrannique – Tyrannical - Take the Mission Leader role and keep it, preventing the distribution of Speeches

-Frénétique – Frenzied – At the beginning of a Mission, you must draw 2 extra cards

-Etourdi – Absent-minded - Before withdrawing, choose and remove one of your Support tiles from the game

-Paniqué – Panicked – During withdrawal, draw your Support tile randomly

-Blessé – Wounded - Counts as 2 Hard Knocks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
Sorry... My translation of the HKn cards from French to English is less then I was hoping for.

Eh… if I may ask, considering your name & location, why not use the German ones? See file section.
BTW, if the printers make it, a German version may be out at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha! Mench ohne S. Great grandfather trashed the S when he came to America - or someone did it for him.

No, I'm over now and my German is better then my French for sure, but we still have the habit of playing anything other than Bohnanza in English.

I did find a new game store I hadn't been to and it was in France... I saw a copy of this there and hadn't done much reading about the game but did hear buzz on it. Decided to buy it, and at only €17 (and Flick em Up was only €48!) it was quite the deal.

No... I'm still American.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my English language set:

Merry Christmas - Discard a Hard Knock card from yourself or another player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.