elitusprime
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchase a one year subscription to Amazon Prime for $67 on Friday, September 25th at 12:01 AM ET, and ending at 11:59 PM PT.

This is "hot deal" as it can be used to get free shipping on board games, as well as the other services Amazon offers to Prime customers.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/22/amazon-prime-memberships-dr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks! The direct link is http://amazon.com/TransparentPrime?tag=article-boardgamegeek.... And it doesn't look like it works for existing members. Boo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Inquirer

Virginia Gardens
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
I'd agree this is a hot deal. Thanks for the heads up as it is a 24 hour special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Thanks! The direct link is http://amazon.com/TransparentPrime?tag=article-boardgamegeek.... And it doesn't look like it works for existing members. Boo.

Hopefully you can still gift to yourself as has worked in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

Hopefully you can still gift to yourself as has worked in the past.

How does that work? We've been on auto-renew for a few years now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like this:

Quote:
1) Purchase the promotional year as a 'gift'

2) Have the 'gift' show up to YOUR OWN email address

3) Choose a date for the gift when purchasing to be near (or on) the day your prime expires

4) You will get the prime gift code, and will be able to use it only AFTER your prime 'expires'

*A number of SD'ers have done this and will confirm you do NOT lose any saved Music/Video/Photos if you are using the 'prime storage' features

Maybe you have to turn off autorenew?

oh yeah

Quote:
you gift it to yourself. Then when confirming the gift tell it to start from the day after your membership expires. Then make sure you turn off auto-renew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if they put the kibosh on that renewal technique this year, somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazaro Borges
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If they do, that would be a perfect example to show how loyalty to a brand doesn't grant you any benefits. It would be awesome if they gave you a residual discount for every year you are a member up to 20% (after 5 years would be nice) this is like what cable companies do to bait you and then hook you. It doesn't really grant you any benefit other than try it and cancel at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my wife.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't there a similar deal in the past? I think I am gifting myself sometime at the end of this year.

I wonder if this will work again if we can gift them to ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this for new subscribers only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marilynn Goldsmit
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just tried and after adding it to my cart, the gift checkbox is unavailable and says "gift options not available."

So looks like new customers only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricris Villareal
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband's is expiring in October so I'll get this. It's still worth it with even with the the 1 month overlap. Thanks OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to delay using the membership, or if you buy it today does it automatically apply and start today? My wife's expires in May, would love to just switch over to this one when hers expires but not worth it if the membership automatically starts today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
ugh...

seeing as it's in "honor" of that horrible show, I certainly won't be buying this or trying to find a loophole to make it work with my soon to expire membership. $32 savings isn't worth the implied endorsement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricris Villareal
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gophers79 wrote:
Is there any way to delay using the membership, or if you buy it today does it automatically apply and start today? My wife's expires in May, would love to just switch over to this one when hers expires but not worth it if the membership automatically starts today.

It started immediately and I didn't see any choice to delay it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Nolan
United States
Lunenburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dachsie84 wrote:
I just tried and after adding it to my cart, the gift checkbox is unavailable and says "gift options not available."

So looks like new customers only. :(

You can add it as a 'gift' from here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/pipeline/prime_gifting_landi...

But even then, when I go to checkout, it doesn't drop the price of the subscription to $67, it still shows the full $99. :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
ugh...

seeing as it's in "honor" of that horrible show, I certainly won't be buying this or trying to find a loophole to make it work with my soon to expire membership. $32 savings isn't worth the implied endorsement.

ugh indeed...

Take it to RSP please. (or Chit Chat in the unlikely event that this mud slinging was not RSP related)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
ugh...

ugh indeed...

Take it to RSP please. (or Chit Chat in the unlikely event that this mud slinging was not RSP related)

What's RSP?

Also, to keep on topic...I also could not get the discounted rate to gift to myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My subscription auto-renewed on the 23rd. I contacted customer support and they refunded me the $32. You may want to give it a try if your subscription renewed somewhat recently.

(edited for typo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
BraveSirPatrick wrote:
My subscription auto-renewed on the 23rd. I contacted customer support and they refunded me the $32. You may want to give it a try if your subscription renewed somewhat recently.

(edited for typo)

Ooh...thanks! Mine is set to auto-renew in just a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I would try. Hoever this was posted 1st Year Only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
I would try. Hoever this was posted 1st Year Only

Reply from Amazon Customer Service:

Lord Amazono of the Amazons wrote:

I understand that you'd want to subscribe for the prime membership using the promotion.

Please know that you as per your choice, you can cancel your present prime membership and subscribe again from the link below and you'll be charged $67.00 for the annual membership.

http://www.amazon.com/transparentprime?tag=article-boardgame...

I hope this information helps! Should you require any further assistance in this regard, I'd request you to please reach back to us via call or chat and we'll assist you in all possible ways. Here's a link to our Contact Us page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.h...

We look forward to hear from you soon again.

*edit* It didn't work. I've asked for more help from Customer Service. Worst case scenario I keep paying $99, which I had planned on doing anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is (at least) my third year of prime. I used the option to have a rep call me. Took less than 5 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Dickman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
Purchase a one year subscription to Amazon Prime for $67 on Friday, September 25th at 12:01 AM ET, and ending at 11:59 PM PT.

This is "hot deal" as it can be used to get free shipping on board games, as well as the other services Amazon offers to Prime customers.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/22/amazon-prime-memberships-dr...

Thanks, OP! FYI, when I bought/signed up, I had Amazon Prime Student, which got me free express shipping but no video, music, etc. But I was still able to buy this as a 'new customer' and saved the $$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.