Churchill» Forums » General

Subject: When Directed Offensives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Kouba

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
In one of his InsideGMT articles, Mark H said of the Soviet player, "You should always ensure that Directed offensive and production issues are in play each conference."

I take that to mean putting the other powers' directed offensives in play.

Otherwise, why would you ever want your own directed offensive in play? It forces you to use your resources where you may not want to.

To me, a Directed Offensive is useful for making another power use their resources where you want them to, and you don't want to see your own Directed Offensive on the table. (Other than perhaps as an issue to win to help you win the Agenda round.)

Does that sound right, or am I missing something about using your own Directed Offensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkouba wrote:
In one of his InsideGMT articles, Mark H said of the Soviet player, "You should always ensure that Directed offensive and production issues are in play each conference."

I take that to mean putting the other powers' directed offensives in play.

Otherwise, why would you ever want your own directed offensive in play? It forces you to use your resources where you may not want to.

To me, a Directed Offensive is useful for making another power use their resources where you want them to, and you don't want to see your own Directed Offensive on the table. (Other than perhaps as an issue to win to help you win the Agenda round.)

Does that sound right, or am I missing something about using your own Directed Offensive?

It depends, but I would say that generally you will not see many folks put their own directed offensive on the table. On the other hand I find it a useful tactic to ambush my opponents with when I have the right cards and I want to win a conference. Always best to argue issues that you can win and for the Soviets to win a conference they usually need a one issue edge to pull it off.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.