Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: UK Group buy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the thread title says, I have set up a group buy in order to cut back on postage costs.

This group buy is now closed

$770 pledged for fifteen copies

The price per copy will be £34.94 based on the exchange rate given by my card provider today. When the Kickstarter closes I will send all members a notification which will include payment details via PayPal. Please send the money as a gift so that I do not get any charges! Please can you try to reimburse me within 48 hours of the notification as I cannot support this many pledges on my card for any great length of time surprise

There will not be any backer only updates but I will endeavour to keep everyone notified of updates as you might not otherwise know about them as and when they happen. When the games arrive I'll send out pictures etc. and will start to box up for postage as soon as possible (I've run two other group buys in the past so I know what to expect!)

Shipping to your postal address will only be requested after everything has arrived and is packed and ready to go. Shipping will be via Collect Plus and charged at the actual rate at time of postage (currently either £4.99 or £6.29 depending on the final weight. Paul at >G has noted that the game is likely to clock in at more than 2Kg with all the stretch goal extras included so it's likely to be the higher of those two shipping rates. I am open to cheaper shipping methods but they must include a tracking service, so do let me know if you find a better option.

I will confirm the London on Board collection date once the games have arrived. Advance notice, this will almost certainly coincide with the following Sentinels game day on a Sunday. If you don't normally go to Sunday sessions I can potentially use one of the chaps who frequent both IBG and LoB to get the game into your hands (we'll work it out closer to the time)

Postal members:
SHIPPED 1. Silverleaf x2 Copies
SHIPPED 2. CRennie
SHIPPED 3. Tarnop
SHIPPED 4. Shadowruin
SHIPPED 5. tmgergo
SHIPPED 6. Palemoon x2 Copies
SHIPPED 7. Nightfever

Collection members:
SHIPPED Mezike
SHIPPED TehRochi (IBG)
SHIPPED Barnetto (IBG)
SHIPPED Woodnoggin (Sheffield or LoB)
SHIPPED BlueHairedMeerkat (LoB)
SHIPPED Ameena (LoB)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as interested.

*(12/10): Please withdraw my name from this list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rennie
United Kingdom
Louth
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MrTommyH
United Kingdom
London
--
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in! It looks pretty. Pretty is good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need a Northern hub, I'm in Halifax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
I attack the darkness...
badge
Please Wait....
mbmbmbmb
One more for mail on if you are still okay with handling one more.

So by mail up to scottish mainland (Glasgow)

p.s. thanks for doing this - It is an awesome thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowruin wrote:

p.s. thanks for doing this - It is an awesome thing!

I 100% support this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! GTG do have a habit of encouraging awesome things. My arm might also be twisted to more than seven adresses, I've just got to work out the logistics involved - I didn't expect so much interest on day one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested. I'm Sheffield-based but can pick up from London on Board fairly easily too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in. From Manchester, receive by post if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've hit seven postal addresses but please keep posting if you want to get in on a groupbuy. We may well end up setting up more than one if other people are willing to run their own alongside this one, plus the shipping hubs and collection options are still open!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
So how's this going to work, then? Mezike, I presume you've backed already. Are you going to request payment from us and then top up your pledge to account for multiple copies based on actual payments received? How do you want paying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will keep this group buy open for another couple of weeks, closing it to new members a few days before the KS ends. At that point I will up my pledge to cover all the required copies. When the KS closes I will notify you all on the final charge to my bank account and therefore what the individual share of that will be. I would appreciate payment within 48hrs as I cannot support this many pledges on my own for any great length of time. The currency rate fluctuates so I won't ask for any money prior to the final charge being made by KS.

Internal shipping costs will be paid next year after the games arrive and I have them packed and ready to send. For LoB pickup I will take everything all on the same day, almost certainly a Sunday when there is a monthly Sentinels meetup happening. If for some reason we can't be there at the same time there are usually plenty of people who are happy to pick up by proxy so I'm sure we can work it out at the time.

So for now, just put your feet up and relax for the next three weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks. In the meantime, I've pledged $1 so I'll receive the campaign updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note that I will close this multibuy to new members on Wednesday 14th October around noon GMT.

You will not need to keep in a $1 pledge for updates as GTG have confirmed that they will not do any backer-only updates - hooray! - but I will still notify you all whenever an update comes up so that you get an alert.

I have also upped my pledge on the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So just for clarification....how much would it be? I could do a pick up from Sheffield...but if I wanted it posting as well? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonRoadhouse wrote:
So just for clarification....how much would it be? I could do a pick up from Sheffield...but if I wanted it posting as well? Thanks

Direct postage will be via Collect Plus and will be either £4.99 or £6.29 depending on how many stretch goals are unlocked. Each copy will be roughly £34 for the game and share of shipping to the UK so somewhere around £39/£40 total.

If you pick up from Silverleaf in Sheffield it will probably be £37 as that would be three games I am sending there so it would go with the heavy parcel rate of £8.39 split three ways. So if you collect then you would save two or three quid yourself as well as also saving Silverleaf a couple of quid too, not to mention maybe making new gaming friends

If you go with collection now and later decide that you want direct postage instead then that shouldn't be a problem, I'm not charging for internal shipping until the games have arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Roadhouse
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes this seem very do-able now! Where abouts does Silverleaf live in Sheffield? (PM me if it's better for privacy reasons) I like the idea of making new gaming friends as well!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She lives in Chesterfield but her other half works in Sheffield. If you want to work out logistics with her then the best bet would be to sign up on the GTG forums and send her a PM there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
I attack the darkness...
badge
Please Wait....
mbmbmbmb
Can help with pick up in Glasgow and probubly around a chunk of central Scotland (Working out in the west coast.. and always a good to have an excuse for an Edinburgh trip)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cullen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are postal spaces left I'd love to be in on two copies.

I'm based in Devon and happy to act as a hub for people in the South West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaleMoon wrote:
If there are postal spaces left I'd love to be in on two copies.

I'm based in Devon and happy to act as a hub for people in the South West.

Absolutely! Always room for anyone ordering mutiple copies. Welcome aboard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas MacIntyre
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
I attack the darkness...
badge
Please Wait....
mbmbmbmb
Also happy to go for the distribution around Southern Scotland.. not seen anyone post from my end of the country though.

Now just to resist buying a second copy for 5-6 player possible options..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Australia
flag msg tools
I'll join this if there's still space.
Can pick up at LOB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.