Popular Tags: [View All]
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they were really such geniuses, they'd have developed a more efficient energy source for their rocket than forcing me to clap. It's a pretty obvious design flaw you think they'd have worked on by now. They just keep me watching because otherwise they can't go anywhere.

I feel used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have a couple years left and then your little ones will move on to other shows. More annoying shows. Shows that will make you look fondly back on Little Einsteins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
You only have a couple years left and then your little ones will move on to other shows. More annoying shows. Shows that will make you look fondly back on Little Einsteins.

Too bad they stopped making Jack's Big Music Show...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Rocket's actually powered by a nuclear reactor, but clapping is the control mechanism by which the fuel rods are moved into a reactive position. It's a simple way to keep the dangerously capable AI of Rocket from taking over the world, because his breeze blower can't clap.

Now if you can just tune out the singing, you can enjoy some nice music without irritation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wanted to know how Bob the Builder's world economy worked...

... no one ever pays him!

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

I'm loving my 7yo son's current interest in Pee Wee's Playhouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Government kickbacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids, at a certain age, watch these Little People videos we have. Of course, to a kid, it's fine, but all these weird things happen and nobody questions them at all. A monkey in an Air Traffic Control Tower BY HIMSELF, lying to all the citizens? Meh, who cares. A car in a tree? Happens all the time, no biggie. Building Permits? Who needs 'em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
If they were really such geniuses, they'd have developed a more efficient energy source for their rocket than forcing me to clap. It's a pretty obvious design flaw you think they'd have worked on by now. They just keep me watching because otherwise they can't go anywhere.

I feel used.

It's obviously a part of the ignition system, and the passcode to super fast travel. And it keeps my 2 year old out of trouble so no arguments are good enough against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pepe Le Pew wrote:
At least it is not Caillou.gulp

Watching other people's whiny kids when I have my own. No thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Are trains really the most efficient way of moving things over an island? How can the cargo lines make any money moving things a couple miles?

Sodor. Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I'm loving my 7yo son's current interest in Pee Wee's Playhouse.
There are some exceptions. I loved it when my kids were into Phineas and Ferb... probably the only one of their kid's shows I liked. Most of the non-animated shows are quite atrocious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phineas and Ferb? Never heard of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Pepe Le Pew wrote:

So you never watched anything with Luke Skywalker in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Pepe Le Pew wrote:

So you never watched anything with Luke Skywalker in it?

He's an orphan, it's different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pepe Le Pew wrote:

I'll take Caillou over Peppa Pig any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robotrobotrobotrobotrobotrobotrobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an American-only thing, isn't it?

WTF are they talking about...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pepe Le Pew wrote:

Wow. My hatred for Caillou knows no bounds. After watching one show, my daughter got up and started whining. All that show teaches children is how to whine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My baby is 11 months old and I have been able up until now to avoid him watching TV. I will try to hold until 2 years (the recommended age here for kids to start watching TV).

After 2 years, I plan to try to do what my parents did: pass on "educational" videos and put some old fashioned adventure series. Let's see what my wife thinks about that, though.

How I miss Ulyses 31!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_31

You know, The Odyssey in Space, for kids. Who can beat that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Educational programming taught at least a couple of my kids to read, recognize letters, count...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a language issue. When something is fun here, we do not call educational. I watched Sessame Street all the time, but nobody called it educational.

I think that we reserve educational for something that is not funny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
Maybe a language issue. When something is fun here, we do not call educational. I watched Sessame Street all the time, but nobody called it educational.

I think that we reserve educational for something that is not funny
It is definitely called educational in the U.S. But that may have a lot to do with the fact that we have rules that require certain amounts of children's television programming be educational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What? What do you do, watch programs... "Oh this isn't boring enough to be educational. It's just a show."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For me it was

Bear and the Big Blue Friggin' House.

I am soooo happy that Otters are no longer a part of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.