Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I've heard how the base set box can be used to build 4 decks... and then people have talked about building 2-3 "tournament worthy" decks.

Bull

Mathematically speaking a single base set can build not 2-3, not 4. But 6 decks, leaving 8 cards and 10 main characters unused.

Now theses decks would likely not do well, but that's where we come in.

My challenge, is for us to use a single base set to build, 6 simultaneous decks as best we can. The criteria are:

1. You have to be able to use a single base set to build all decks simultaneously
2. The decks must be as functional "as possible" not looking for something you would bring to a tournament, table play would be great if possible. just best efforts.
3. No one deck can dominate the others. No building a couple of good decks and saying "the rest of the cards go in the other decks" this is a challenge for a reason. lets make them somewhat balanced.

Now, there are 16 of each basic location, and 4 of each non basic location for a total of 80 locations.

divide that out and you would get 13 Locations each, with 2 left over. so decks 1 and 2 have an extra location.

28 plot twists divided evenly between 6 decks means 4 each, with 4 left over. to go into the other decks without the extra locations.

Decks one and two have 14 Locations and 4 Plot twists, Decks 3-6 have 13 Locations and 5 Plot twists. That's 18 cards each leaving our supporting characters to fill in the other 42 spaces.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt anyone's gonna take a challenge to build 6 okay decks. What's the point, even? Just to see if we can? Nah, I can, I don't feel like it.

Challenge me to build a good deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a worthy challenge.

However, that's not enough locations per deck. You want 15-18 iirc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
agentkuo wrote:
I doubt anyone's gonna take a challenge to build 6 okay decks. What's the point, even? Just to see if we can? Nah, I can, I don't feel like it.

Challenge me to build a good deck.

That's part of twhat makes this a challenge. anyone can try and learn to make a "good" deck, a challenge should test us to do something outside the norm. Hence stressing the core box to it's limit.

eekamouse wrote:
I think it's a worthy challenge.

However, that's not enough locations per deck. You want 15-18 iirc.

While it's not an optimal number of locations, adding any to one deck would remove them from an other. the goal here would make the best use of what you have. so we would have to treat the deck building as part of the game, placing each location like pieces on a board, this one goes here, this one goes here etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pass on the challenge and just say, "Pony up and buy a 2nd set. It's not THAT much more expensive."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.