Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Space Cadets: Away Missions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Telepathy Band: From who's perspective? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Avatar
I was unsure how this should work, but thinking back I think we went the right way with it. But just to be sure...

Telepathy Band allows you to use another Rocketeer's Overkill Option. From who's perspective is the power used? We went with the Rocketeer with the Power, not the Rocketeer with the Telepathy Band.

Example 1: DeSoto has the Telepathy Band and uses the Captain's Command option. The Captain can't get a Command AP and DeSoto can, right? It's as if the Captain is using the power not DeSoto. So the Captain has to give the extra AP to someone in his own square if he doesn't have the Tele-Radio (even though this is happening via DeSoto with the Telepathy Band).

Example 2: The Captain has the Telepathy Band and uses DeSoto's Strafe. The extra hit is on an alien in range/LOS of DeSoto, right? Even if he's on the other side of the map from the Captain?

So basically, the Rocketeer with the Telepathy Band isn't "borrowing" the power, they are actually transferring an Overkill Action to another Rocketeer.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Telepathy Band allows you to use another Rocketeer's Overkill Option. From who's perspective is the power used? We went with the Rocketeer with the Power, not the Rocketeer with the Telepathy Band.

I'm afraid you've got it reversed. The Rocketeer wearing the Telepathy Band can use the Overkill Option of a different Rocketeer.

soosy wrote:
Example 1: DeSoto has the Telepathy Band and uses the Captain's Command option. The Captain can't get a Command AP and DeSoto can, right? It's as if the Captain is using the power not DeSoto. So the Captain has to give the extra AP to someone in his own square if he doesn't have the Tele-Radio (even though this is happening via DeSoto with the Telepathy Band).

In the above example, if DeSoto achieved an Overkill, he would be able to assign a Command AP (including giving one to the Captain). It's as if the Captain's Overkill Option text were temporarily written on the Chief's character sheet.

soosy wrote:
Example 2: The Captain has the Telepathy Band and uses DeSoto's Strafe. The extra hit is on an alien in range/LOS of DeSoto, right? Even if he's on the other side of the map from the Captain?

If the Captain rolls a few Overkills, he can spend a charge on his Telepathy Band, and spend those Overkills Strafing aliens in range and LOS of a weapon he's using.

soosy wrote:
So basically, the Rocketeer with the Telepathy Band isn't "borrowing" the power, they are actually transferring an Overkill Action to another Rocketeer.

Afraid not -- it's the Rocketeer with the Telepathy Band that is basically borrowing the power.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
muwins.ch
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I would have used it the other way round (the rocketeer with the Telepathy Band uses the O.O. himself), based on the thought that he is the currently active character and thus activates Overkills.

Edit: Ninja'd while checking the exact card wording...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Avatar
Oopsy... thanks for setting me straight! Yeah, there's probably a lot less ambiguity to work out when they are "borrowing" the power wholesale actually! Ok, makes sense. Thanks!



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.