Nathanial Barnes
United States
Montgomery
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most common route of sabotage is messing with the crisis contribution cards. But each card had the location it was found, so all you have to do is look to see where the wrong card came from and see which character is in that location. In our 3 player games, our characters are usually all spread out in the different locations without any overlap, so it's clearly one person that contributed the wrong card. Anyone else find this to be true in their games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good betrayers almost NEVER bomb the Crises unless it's their endgame double-turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
Good betrayers almost NEVER bomb the Crises unless it's their endgame double-turn.

I'm not sure about that.

In any event, that's why Starter cards are the best for betrayers. Typically, you'll want to hold onto as many starters as possible solely for bombing the crisis.

There have been some proposed variants where you randomly take two or three cards from each deck, shuffle them up, then randomly put them back on each pile. That way, you might get a Library card in the Gas Station. That gives a betrayer deniability and prevents the other players from guessing them immediately. Haven't tried that myself, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wilderwolf wrote:
The most common route of sabotage is messing with the crisis contribution cards. But each card had the location it was found, so all you have to do is look to see where the wrong card came from and see which character is in that location. In our 3 player games, our characters are usually all spread out in the different locations without any overlap, so it's clearly one person that contributed the wrong card. Anyone else find this to be true in their games?

If you are the betrayer and the only person that went to location X, never ever EVER spike a crisis with a card from that location. That's just bad strategy. The game gave you five starting items for a reasons, and there's a reason they are not helpful in most (any?) betrayer agendas.

But, I think avoiding spiking crises as the betrayer is better. There's enough ways to drop morale without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's just poor play for a betrayer to spike a crisis with a card that no one else could have gotten. As betrayers get better in your group, you should see that less and less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Shada
msg tools
or it may be a good idea for the betrayer to share locations with other people too. There is no reason a player has to stick to their own location. I know in games I play at least 2 players go to the police station to get a gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.