Subject: Destroying a platform that's in melee range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Hansen
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Can a pillar be destroyed by an enemy range attack if the only platform is in the melee area of an enemy.

So you have two titles in a straight line. Enemy (A) is on the left, standing in front of a title with a platform, and no hero. The title to the right (the range attack area) has no platform, and no heroes. When the enemy makes a ranged attack, does he knock out a pillar from the platform right in front of him or does the attack do nothing? Hope that makes since.

Been enjoying the game so far, gotten about 4 play thru and this is the only major rule I'm still slightly confused on.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

to answer,
Quote:

the attack do nothing

I have tried to do a (wonderful soblue ) schema in this topic to clarify this rule.

Quote:
Been enjoying the game so far

Tks, eager to see your own missions!

Mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hansen
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
ok cool, the picture helped a lot.

"If no hero in the Enemy’s line of sight : the first room tile (beyond the one it is adjacent to) that contains a pillar"

So that sounds like a enemy can never blow up a platform in front of it self. So in the picture, white can not knock out the far left platform. That is good to hear.

When I demo at GenCon, the demoer told me that if no hero is in LoS of a range attack, then it knocks out a pillar even if the platform is in melee range. Playing like this was making soloing the intro game pretty hard, as all my platforms were getting knocked out early on.

Hopefully now my platforms will stay up a little longer, to give me some protection/breathing room.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
menotyou9 wrote:
So in the picture, white can not knock out the far left platform. That is good to hear.

exactly, like the purple enemy. (ranged attack > useless)

menotyou9 wrote:

When I demo at GenCon, the demoer told me that if no hero is in LoS of a range attack, then it knocks out a pillar even if the platform is in melee range.

Indeed, the rules during the gencon were often false. I come here just to report after the videos or topics.

menotyou9 wrote:

Hopefully now my platforms will stay up a little longer, to give me some protection/breathing room.
Thanks

That's the spirit.
Hopefully you'll enjoy the game and its missions.

mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.