Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wound markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lavigne
Canada
Alaska
flag msg tools
When calculating how many wound markers a player receives is it based on the dice throw of skulls vs. sheilds? What I mean is if I throw five skulls and they only defend with two sheilds do I score three hits on the defender causing the player to place three wound markers on thier card or just one for winning the toss?

Thanks for your help!

Veers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The defender would place three wound markers on his card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lavigne
Canada
Alaska
flag msg tools
Thanks! I couldn't find that in the rules book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All unblocked skulls, skulls rolled - shields rolled, count as a wound. If they are equal to or greater than the the characters health then it dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Popielski
United States
Brecksville
Ohio
flag msg tools
ronster0 wrote:
All unblocked skulls, skulls rolled - shields rolled, count as a wound. If they are equal to or greater than the the characters health then it dies.

Just a follow up question on this. If the attack is on a one of a unit of 4 guys, say the Tarn Viking Warriors. Each guy has a life of 1. If one guy in the unit is attacked and a total of four wounds are received, are all four guys removed from the battlefield or just the one attacked? Also if that guy were to receive 2 wounds are two guys removed or do they all stay on the board until a total of 4 wounds are received. I have read the rules a few times and I can't quite figure it out. It seems logical that the one guy who was attacked is removed and that is all, but I am not sure if that is the right way to play. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matt769 wrote:
Just a follow up question on this. If the attack is on a one of a unit of 4 guys, say the Tarn Viking Warriors. Each guy has a life of 1. If one guy in the unit is attacked and a total of four wounds are received, are all four guys removed from the battlefield or just the one attacked? Also if that guy were to receive 2 wounds are two guys removed or do they all stay on the board until a total of 4 wounds are received. I have read the rules a few times and I can't quite figure it out. It seems logical that the one guy who was attacked is removed and that is all, but I am not sure if that is the right way to play. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Only the character attacked takes the damage. The rest of the squad is fine no matter how many skulls over his defense the attack was. Hense why squads with higher numbers have an advantage even if they have low defense against a hero with a high attack. If the hero has a single attack he/she can likely kill 1 in the squad easily but the squad then gets to take 2-3 attacks on him/her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.