New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
If I move a ship to my galaxy may, do I get to take an action associated with my galaxy, like upgrading? I think not, but I'm not sure.

Is there an official FAQ posted somewhere? Thanks!

Looks great so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you would need the Colony die result to do that. Moving your ship to the galaxy mat would set you up to collect an additional power if you roll a power (lightning bolt) die result.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Normally I'd move my ship to a different planet with a power symbol and get to take that action, instead of going back to my galaxy. I guess if there are very few power planets out it might be worth it, but generally moving back to my galaxy mat is a bad plan. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
Thanks. Normally I'd move my ship to a different planet with a power symbol and get to take that action, instead of going back to my galaxy. I guess if there are very few power planets out it might be worth it, but generally moving back to my galaxy mat is a bad plan. Right?
One of the Secret Mission cards -- I forget the name -- gives you bonus points if all of your ships are on your mat at the end of the game. Other than that, I can't think of anything, although I certainly don't know all of the cards well enough to say for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about it being a "bad plan". There might be other abilities (or secret missions) that depend on you having ships "at home" ...

But, for the most part, spending a move action to move a ship home is unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
ira212 wrote:
One of the Secret Mission cards -- I forget the name -- gives you bonus points if all of your ships are on your mat at the end of the game. Other than that, I can't think of anything, although I certainly don't know all of the cards well enough to say for sure.

There is a planet ability that gives you culture for each ship in your galaxy as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan P
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the time you'll be moving a ship back to your galaxy because someone has conquered planet track and you are booted off the surface/orbit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphaeus wrote:
Most of the time you'll be moving a ship back to your galaxy because someone has conquered planet track and you are booted off the surface/orbit.

... although that movement is free and automatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ellis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a possible scenario that all planets on the board produce culture and you need to produce energy then it might be worth it to move ship(s) home. Although in general the best way to come home is by conquering planets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.