Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1st- Regarding pre/post-battle habilities, the attacker uses first than the defender. Right?

2nd- Regarding assigning pain, is there a specific order (attacker first than defender)? If theres no place to go, the unit killed count's for spellbook's requirements like Cthulhu's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacker always does things before Defender, including Pre-Battle, Post-Battle, the assigning of Kills and Pains, and the retreating of Pained units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Venshad wrote:
1st- Regarding pre/post-battle habilities, the attacker uses first than the defender. Right?

2nd- Regarding assigning pain, is there a specific order (attacker first than defender)? If theres no place to go, the unit killed count's for spellbook's requirements like Cthulhu's?

1. Yes

2. Yes, same order. It's been awhile since I've had to answer this Q. but iirc, if there's no place to go, the unit killed does NOT count for Cthulhu's requirement, because it says Killed or Devoured. When a unit is Eliminated via Pains, it's an Elimination. So, it won't count for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venshad wrote:
If theres no place to go, the unit killed count's for spellbook's requirements like Cthulhu's?

The wording was clarified in later versions of the rulebook IIRC -- a pained unit with no place to go is eliminated, not killed, so it does not qualify for Cthulhu's spellbook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
One other exception: if Madness is in effect, Nyarlathotep can choose to retreat units in either order - i.e., he can retreat the defender before the attacker should he desire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
Attacker always does things before Defender, including Pre-Battle, Post-Battle, the assigning of Kills and Pains, and the retreating of Pained units.

Unless the Crawling Chaos player has picked up the "Madness" spell book. Then the assignment of "PAIN" results falls to the Crawling Chaos player in the order he so chooses. This allows the Crawling Chaos player to setup scenarios in which enemies cannot retreat and thus die from being unable to flee from battle.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.

Edit: Sandy beat me to the punch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.