Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on where we can order the limited edition? Looks the CSI version is the standard at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnypolite wrote:
Any word on where we can order the limited edition? Looks the CSI version is the standard at this point.

No preorders. Get it when it shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Ijames
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Are there any pictures yet of the limited edition? Does anyone know what the wooden bits look like for it yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
randian wrote:

Just received the CSI email which included Ships pre-orders and went looking, but don't see it for sale on Treefrog's site. Fingers crossed it will still be available as apparently some have already been sold:

"Wallace did not want to lose those who had already paid for the limited version of the game..."
http://www.boardgamenewsonline.com/index.php/the-news/296-ma...

"Treefrog was due to produce the limited edition version, for which we had taken advance payments."
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/31026/ships-sinks-mayfair...

I missed the London limited edition and hope not to repeat that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
randian wrote:

Just received the CSI email which included Ships pre-orders and went looking, but don't see it for sale on Treefrog's site. Fingers crossed it will still be available as apparently some have already been sold:

"Wallace did not want to lose those who had already paid for the limited version of the game..."
http://www.boardgamenewsonline.com/index.php/the-news/296-ma...

"Treefrog was due to produce the limited edition version, for which we had taken advance payments."
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/31026/ships-sinks-mayfair...

I missed the London limited edition and hope not to repeat that.
Treefrog explain the availability on their own website, which should be your first port of call for info about Treefrog games, I guess
Quote:
Only six hundred subscriptions will be available from Treefrog. A further six hundred copies of each game will be available for purchase via the internet once the game is produced and three hundred will be available to buy at Essen. Treefrog will not be taking pre-orders for these games. If you want to guarantee getting a copy of each game then you need to subscribe. The subscription window will be open until May 31st 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
mccrispy wrote:
Treefrog explain the availability on their own website, which should be your first port of call for info about Treefrog games, I guess
Quote:
Only six hundred subscriptions will be available from Treefrog. A further six hundred copies of each game will be available for purchase via the internet once the game is produced and three hundred will be available to buy at Essen. Treefrog will not be taking pre-orders for these games. If you want to guarantee getting a copy of each game then you need to subscribe. The subscription window will be open until May 31st 2014.

I found it, but I'd hope you'd cut me some slack for not finding it immediately - it's not listed to buy:
https://www.treefroggames.com/buy-games

...and I didn't find much on the Ships page:
https://www.treefroggames.com/ships

It's not really my first thought to check "Subscriptions 2014" for a game that is not yet widely available. Also:

Quote:
The subscription window will be open until May 31st 2014.

Ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is the third game from the 2014 subscription plan, it's true. But I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the remaining limited editions would be available?

I believe that CSI had the limited edition of Onward to Venus, which was from the same subscription....maybe it'll show up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CABRISC wrote:
This is the third game from the 2014 subscription plan, it's true. But I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the remaining limited editions would be available?

I believe that CSI had the limited edition of Onward to Venus, which was from the same subscription....maybe it'll show up
Read my previous post for an explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Website says that 1500 limited will be produced, so we should have 600 copies available outside of Essen, and subs, somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
The reg edition is now in stock at csi, but no sign of the limited yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have photos of the LE to compare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this game... a lot. I can't decide if I should just order it now, since I've been waiting almost 2 years, or if I should wait for the limited edition.

I only just found out that it was available from CSI, exclusively. They're not my normal channel, or I might have learned about it sooner.

I can't decide! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The limited edition of the game has a completely different cover illustration. And "Limited edition" is printed in big letters right under the name of the game.

Most of the components in the limited edition are wooden. When they are made from cardboard in the standart edition.

When you see pictures of a board with wooden ship figures in player colors on it, you know it is the limited edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

There are a few images of the LE posted in the gallery, such as this one:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Eilertsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited Edition comes with wood player tokens, yes.

What was a little down surprise to me was the gold tokens also in wood, but looking identical to the player disc tokens, and very much alike the yellow player colour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited Edition showed up on CSI today:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/220967

Woohoo! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
robininni wrote:
Can anyone post a picture of the gold tokens that looks like player discs? That doesn't sound too cool.

I haven't seen this in person, but there are a few pics in the image gallery that seem to show gold tokens that are easily distinguishable from the yellow player:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The golden tokens were replaced at Essen before demo games and selling copies to customers (cp. this post). Therefore pictures from Essen can’t show any old tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
yzemaze wrote:
The golden tokens were replaced at Essen before demo games and selling copies to customers (cp. this post). Therefore pictures from Essen can’t show any old tokens.

Good to know, and according to the linked post, the new tokens should be included. I guess I'll be calling first before placing an order to make sure that is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might change your mind when you see the $25 premium for the Limited edition vs. the €5 premium at Essen ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I just spoke with someone at CSI and - after checking stock and speaking with someone else - he reported that there was not a separate bag of gold tokens included, so unless they've been reshrinked in the box it sounds like you'll only get the smaller orange tokens.

enoon wrote:
You might change your mind when you see the $25 premium for the Limited edition vs. the €5 premium at Essen ...

This is unfortunate. Between this and the token issue, I won't be ordering at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
eilertsen wrote:
Limited Edition comes with wood player tokens, yes.

What was a little down surprise to me was the gold tokens also in wood, but looking identical to the player disc tokens, and very much alike the yellow player colour.

Can anyone post a picture of the gold tokens that looks like player discs? That doesn't sound too cool.

In this image you see the discs in player colors. Yellow, blue, red and green. The orange discs were meant to be money. Treefrog gave out the golden, bigger discs as replacements in Essen to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Toth
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the email Treefrog sent to subscribers about the coins:

Julia @ Treefrog wrote:

SHIPS October Update

There will be a slight delay in shipping Ships out to you as we have found that the gold coins in the game done by Whatz are not actually a gold colour. As Martin says this will damage game play, we have had to order replacement coins for all of the games. These have been done by Ludofact and will be delivered to us in Essen from where we will quickly bag them and send them to the fulfilment companies. I am really sorry for the delay.

Julia

I think anyone buying the limited edition should feel confident they'll have the "gold" coins and not orange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Guiannos wrote:

Julia @ Treefrog wrote:

SHIPS October Update

There will be a slight delay in shipping Ships out to you as we have found that the gold coins in the game done by Whatz are not actually a gold colour. As Martin says this will damage game play, we have had to order replacement coins for all of the games. These have been done by Ludofact and will be delivered to us in Essen from where we will quickly bag them and send them to the fulfilment companies. I am really sorry for the delay.

Julia

I think anyone buying the limited edition should feel confident they'll have the "gold" coins and not orange.

Although I suspect Treefrog will make it right, this really doesn't address how or if I'll be able to get those replacements if I place my order at CSI today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Toth
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DriverDown wrote:
Guiannos wrote:

Julia @ Treefrog wrote:

SHIPS October Update

Julia

Although I suspect Treefrog will make it right, this really doesn't address how or if I'll be able to get those replacements if I place my order at CSI today.

Another email from Treefrog today stated that CSI was mistakenly sending copies without the replacement parts or designer signature decals and it is being addressed.

Julia @ Treefrog wrote:
We had an arrangement with someone at CSI in the US to deal with shipping your games out. This person has since left the company and apparently did not hand over information on our behalf regarding the shipping out of the games for you. This only came to light in the last couple of days. The Treefrog subscription games arrived at CSI (along with copies that they had ordered and paid for) but with no instructions to do otherwise, they began selling them.

I have emailed them urgently to stop selling as the limited edition games are minus the extra bag of gold coins and the signed sticker, and they should send out the subscriber copies first as previously arranged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.