Popular Tags: [View All]
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a couple plays my group found the tent to be a bit lackluster in what it added to the game. So here are a couple alternate rules we came up with to make it a bit more fun.

Variant #1 (we tried this last game)- When you place the tent, name a tribe color and immediately collect one coin from the bank for each meeple matching that color on the eight surrounding tiles.

Variant #2 (I think we'll try this next game)- At the end of the game, the tent is worth 2 points for each of your camels on the eight surrounding tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
After a couple plays my group found the tent to be a bit lackluster in what it added to the game. So here are a couple alternate rules we came up with to make it a bit more fun.

Variant #1 (we tried this last game)- When you place the tent, name a tribe color and immediately collect one coin from the bank for each meeple matching that color on the eight surrounding tiles.

Variant #2 (I think we'll try this next game)- At the end of the game, the tent is worth 2 points for each of your camels on the eight surrounding tiles.

The problem I see is these variants make camel placing WAY better than other strategies. Please post your results, they sound interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOriginalJwoo wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:

The problem I see is these variants make camel placing WAY better than other strategies. Please post your results, they sound interesting.

I think the 2nd variant is the one we're sticking with. I disagree that it puts too much importance on camel placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.