Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Kiss
Australia
Kingsley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day
Should anyone out there have a set of unpunched Eylau (S&T edition) counters I would greatly appreciate a PDF scan of counter fronts and backs. A PDF scan is best as it preserves the actual counter size.
I'd like to update the wafer thin set that came in my Wargamer #2 (original) edition of the game.
I would print the scans and glue them to cardboard to make my new "jury rig" set of counters.
Email me if you can assist.
Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Kiss
Australia
Kingsley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To whom it may concern
Counter scans received with thanks.
Cheers
Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Have you played the previous version for this, of which that was based upon the "Napoleon at War" series? There were several from them ALL that had been "upgraded" over the years since they first appeared, and even were reissued in another 'magazine' format such as this one as well. A few would have that "designers" editions, or maybe a smaller 'box', while some of those people who produced the previous kinds had gone on to 'do' their OWN "thang"!
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Kiss
Australia
Kingsley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Rob,

Yup, I sure do have the original Eylau (from WWW or 3W) by Ken Broadhurst with just over 2 pages of closely typed rules. I really enjoyed playing it in my late teens, except for the wafer thin counters it came with. Hence my request for the scans so I can "jury rig" some new counters of normal, mild breeze proof, thickness.

I also have Ken's Dresden 1813 by Simulation Games (1978, I think related to WWW or 3W). Not sure if it's been "upgraded" it has a similar counter style (iconography, for want of a better word) but regulation thickness counters.

I have a range of the Zucker Napoleonic games (including Napoleon at War Quad and the Dresden/Eylau double S&T game) which my 9yo son has more or less mastered. We are now trying Napoleon at Leipzig (COA 2nd Ed) which uses essentially the same mechanics but with battle specific "chrome" and a campaign game, which is similar to that in Napoleons Last Battles (SPI). These games are a great into to the hobby as the game mechanics can be easily taught.

Speaking of doing your "own thing" you should have a look at Markus Stumptner's many variations/improvements to the basic Zucker system, here: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/user/mst/games/lbn/lbn.html
There are also "upgraded" counters/markers for some of the NAW-series games here too ... certainly worth a look around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Kiss
Australia
Kingsley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Heath

Well I guess the original Wargamer counters are technically NATO-style, albeit with a "circle" over-printing the NATO icon in various colours to allow easy identification of the various corps. I'll scan some in due course and post ...

Cheers

Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boutot
United States
LAS VEGAS
Nevada
flag msg tools
I only see the 100 counter sheet here. That is all that came with the copy I recently bought as part of an ebay package. What about the Napoleon, Davout, etc counters I don't have? Could a f/b be posted on them, please? Was finally about to get a wargame going with someone then saw I did not have all the counters. Been a drought for all sort of reasons for decades...;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dudley
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Michael
There should be 120 counters - a sheet of 100, and another of 20. Please see the scans posted here on BGG.
Cheers
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.