Subject: Is this the same game that was published as a PNP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Roe
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A few years ago I downloaded and printed a giant Civ game and played with, I think around 16 players.
It was a similar size and seems to be a very similar map (although this is much prettier). I don't remember where I got it from. It only got one outing - hard enough to get Adv. Civ. to the table, never mind something much bigger.
Does anyone else recall what I'm talking about? IIRC the advances were the same as adv. civ. just more races, trading cards etc. and a much bigger map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Yes - you are probably thinking of the Expansion Project - a precursor to Mega Civilization. You played probably an early alpha of the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of that stuff is still available in an online archive.

http://www.civproject.net/Archive/CivProject/

Also, if you can't wait, you buy all of the components individually from https://www.camelotgamestore.com/nopC They don't have it neatly bundled though so it isn't that easy. Also, it's much more than the ~$200 or so the Mega is presumably going for.

I already have Civ and Adv Civ, but I'll probably get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo de Haan
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These Camelot game parts are just a downloaded and printed version of a very early alpha version of the CivProject that John has put online about 10 years ago on the forum, a few people changed some things, and some new art was added there later.

The rules back then were hardly (or not) tested. It were merely basic ideas. So much things have changed in between then and now... If you want to spend some cash on a bad-tested game, please do...

We do not approve that version.

Mega Civilization has been tested and adjusted for years and has added several extra features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.