Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does PHG still offer the miniatures for sale apart from the game? I just checked their website, but did not see them there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manutd03 wrote:
Does PHG still offer the miniatures for sale apart from the game? I just checked their website, but did not see them there.

I asked over twitter, and they said that they don't have any plans one way or another to offer the minis separately right now. I sure hope they do. They're going to be compatible with Tail Feathers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything recently. They seem to taking the miniatures in a new direction.

I think I remember discussion during past Plaid Hat podcasts where they spitballed the idea of making alternate sculpts to be used in Tail Feathers that could be used in the M&M games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be a shame if they've stopped. It made me less apprehensive to start painting my minis (my first ever) knowing I could replace them if I messed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Hat Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran out of stock of our current individual sets, so we'll have to wait for the next printing of the game to see if more miniature sets are being printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
plaidhatgames wrote:
We ran out of stock of out current individual sets, so we'll have to wait for the next printing of the game to see if more miniature sets are being printed.

Thanks for the info!

I'm a little confused, though. You're PHG but you don't know whether more sets will be printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plaidhatgames wrote:
We ran out of stock of out current individual sets, so we'll have to wait for the next printing of the game to see if more miniature sets are being printed.

Totally naïve about the production process, so please don't take this negatively. I'm just a little confused about the non-committal response here and on Twitter. Are you guys not always aware of exactly what is being printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
When you schedule a production, it's always in batches. The cost of a full batch is usually the same as a cost of not-complete batch. Depending on the order size and the batch restrictions, they may find, that they can still fit more tokens, dice, or miniatures to complete a batch - and this would then make a merchandise they can sell. It's not always known beforehand, as it depends on the timeframes and resources available from manufacturer/printer.

That is my rough assumption and oversimplification, but that's the main gist, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Hat Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manutd03 wrote:
plaidhatgames wrote:

Thanks for the info!

I'm a little confused, though. You're PHG but you don't know whether more sets will be printed?

Rattkin is on the right track.

We run into cases where miniatures are missing or damaged in game sets and we want to make sure we always have some available for replacement purpose. Currently we have several figures we are unable to replace. More miniatures will be printed for the Sorrow and Remembrance games, but we can't guarantee we will be producing enough extra sets to make the available again for sale or just having them available for replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plaidhatgames wrote:

We run into cases where miniatures are missing or damaged in game sets and we want to make sure we always have some available for replacement purpose.

Diverting the discussion slightly, I was really pleased with the quick response when I had broken pieces in my original Mice & Mystics game, so thank you for keeping replacement figures available for that purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:
It would be a shame if they've stopped. It made me less apprehensive to start painting my minis (my first ever) knowing I could replace them if I messed up.

Don't let replacement availability stand in your way. Just go for it.

I had never painted minis either. M&M was my first. I did a lot of research, watched a lot of YouTube and ultimately did things my own way. I'm very happy with the results.

I didn't get a chance to do any painting last winter but I'm hoping to start in on my Descent set (and make some progress on Memoir '44) this winter. It's a lot of fun and very relaxing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always buy from the Reaper Miniatures Mousling range. Lots of possibilities there.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mousling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.