Subject: Late Night Twilight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
As everyone is soon back to work there have been many requests for this Epic to be played with no time pressure. So Andrew and I headed off to Ben’s with the monster box underarm ready to conquer the Galaxy.
After the game was set up and the tea was brewed (black, no sugar) it was gone 10PM but we forged on.
The races Randomly selected were:

Ben – Federation of Sol
Andrew – The Naalu Collective
Me – The L1Z1X Mindnet

Expansion in L1Z1X Space was slow to begin with running into a pocket of Radiation, whereas the Federation seem to quickly spread even though they came up against a few Hostile Locals and The Collective seemed to be having quite a hard time with the locals.

Expansion continued through round 2 with a couple of Lazax surviors being found by the Collective and Mindnet. Mecatol Rex was seized by the Mindnet in round 3 which allowed their Diversified Secret objective to be claimed in Round 4 along with the Public objective of Controlling Mecatol Rex.

After this the Mindnet shrunk back towards their homeworld of 0.0.0 to play out the end by claiming the Tech based Public objective unchallenged, and the inevitable ISC for the win. After the retreat the Federation made a few minor incursions into Collectives Territory quickly taking a couple of planets dangerously close to their home world and then swept into Mecatol Rex and started building up a large fleet.

Thinking that the Collective and Federation would realise what was going on the Mindnet used diplomacy and a previously rigged Political agenda (Short Term Truce) to fend off the Federation threat whilst the Collective sent fleets of carriers armed to the teeth with carriers in to the wormhole heavy hub of the Federation looking as if the were going to take a few planets on the way to using the wormholes to emerge next to the Mindnet.

However they then claimed their Secret objective and became Master of the Gates. Things were getting close as in the last round the Federation had the ISC and looked well on their way to claiming their public which would put them above 10 points thus winning, but the Mindnet had to only gain but a single point plus they had the diplomacy card and therefore higher initiative than the Federation and would be able to claim a public first.

The last ditch attempt was to make a foray deep into 0.0.0 and capture it. But alas it was not to be as screeds of fighters had been amassed as well as a huge ship the size of a planet and the L1Z1X were now the supreme power in the Galaxy.

After that I think was nearly 2AM, so naturally we started a LAN game of Half-Life.

Disclaimer:
Apologies for the Mindnet centric view of this report, but I am terrible at note keeping during games (i.e. I don’t take notes) and am just happy at winning a game of Twilight in what feels like ages.
As this is just a short report (first one I have done) on a late night session, it by no means does this Epic game justice.
Just let it be known that it was enjoyed and will be continued to be played for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.