Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do people rate the app version of Elder Sign?

Is it playable on a phone? Or do I really need a tablet to enjoy it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problems enjoying the app on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:
How do people rate the app version of Elder Sign?

Is it playable on a phone? Or do I really need a tablet to enjoy it?

I have a friend who doesn't like it because you can only look at one adventure at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays fine on my phone, and I actually like the app more than the boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I like it, but after Gates of Arkham I stop playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it on my iMac, which has a huge screen, so no viewing problems for me. But, the scoring method is not very good, since it penalizes you for doing well and winning early, while giving more points for dragging out the game (as long as you win and don't lose an investigator).

Edit: fixed typo "an" not "and"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Stralau
msg tools
I play it on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (an older android model) and it works perfectly fine.

I prefer the boardgame though, due to slightly improved rules imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Jude wrote:
I play it on my iMac, which has a huge screen, so no viewing problems for me. But, the scoring method is not very good, since it penalizes you for doing well and winning early, while giving more points for dragging out the game (as long as you win and don't lose and investigator).

Judy has a point here: the game is fine and fun, but the scoring system is bizarre
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Stralau
msg tools
And after playing some more games yesterday I agree with some people that it's a pity you cannot battle the Ancient Ones directly.

Agreed on the scoring system.

Also: We need new campaigns/content! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Join The Ravens of VGG- Wyrdstone, Gold & Glory Awaits!"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krokobold wrote:
Also: We need new campaigns/content! ^^

Er.. there are three DLC expansions for the Elder Sign: Omens game now for a little less then £2.00 each - they each add a ton of new stuff including additional investigators, cards, rules and such (like the Cthulhu expansion which adds a two stage format game where you start in the usual museum setting and then move to the south pacific in search of Ry'Leh with different objectives and a few variant victory conditions to the norm).

Also I've personally not just found it easier to play then the board game (less setup and more convenient) but its also harder due to perma-death, tougher penalties/mythos and instant death if the GOO awakens.

So I'd say the Elder Sign: Omens is great on mobile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I completed several games on an Ipad. I just tried a few turns on my IpT5. It runs just as well. It's the usual tradeoff....
Ipad... larger screen. You can see things much more clearly since it's Retina + large screen. But because the screen is much larger, you need to move your entire hand to be able to tap on everything.

Ipod Touch... things look more cramped and smaller (mind you, the resolutions are still clear and sharp). Since the screen is much smaller, it's less work to tap on various things... a flick of the finger is enough.

I have yet to try this on my Galaxy s4 (5" screen), but I'd imagine that's simply a sort of middle road of the 2 which would work out anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.