Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do people rate the app version of Kingdom Builder?

Is it playable on a phone? Or do I really need a tablet to enjoy it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Pierobon
Germany
Bad Tölz
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it and I play it all the time on the phone.
AI is not bad and playability is very good even on the phone screen.
Only relevant issue is when you try to place/move buildings on the corners of the map, but I don't know if it is specific to the small phone screens or happens also on the tablets (as said, played only on hte phon since I do not feel the need of a larger screen).

As an additional note I am mildly shortsighted but in the phase of life when you have problems both from near and from afar (~45 years).

Regards
Lucio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Krawhitham wrote:

It's certainly playable on a phone, I use a Galaxy s4 mini and it works just fine.

It does have a couple of incorrect rules, though, specifically that it lets you pick up a second location tile from a given location if you move away and come back, which isn't correct, as well as I think one other I can't recollect offhand.

The AIs are generally strong, especially the hard ones.

Overall, I was very pleased with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it frequently on my iPad. my biggest gripe is that there is no undo button when my pinky finger accidentally touches the wrong part of the screen. I should use a stylus.

Also, I haven't seen any expansions available yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Pierobon
Germany
Bad Tölz
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dredry Toenail wrote:
I play it frequently on my iPad. my biggest gripe is that there is no undo button when my pinky finger accidentally touches the wrong part of the screen. I should use a stylus.

Agreed but this is a general issue for the app, that's why I did not mention it while talking about whether it is playable on the phone or not...

L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is nearly unusable on my Note 4. If you have a hi res screen, you may have a hard time too. Stuff is too small to actually touch in the corners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krawhitham wrote:

I have an iPod Touch 4th generation, which KB crashed on it at least 25% of the time. Also, I had to constantly zoom and pan to see the board, so it wasn't as enjoyable for me. I hope these issues have been improved for newer phones.

On my iPad, it works great and I have no issues.

As for the PC, overall they're decent and can be a challenge, however I win more than I lose. There are no expansions for this app and my main negative is that there is no "undo" function as soon as you place a settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it on my S4 but don't play it because I find it too small. But I find all games that were made for tablets too small to be enjoyable on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.