Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A fun little number with plenty of simplicity and a decent enough amount of strategy to play around with. We played two games with four players and enjoyed both.

The first game was very experimental and we all pegged similarily. In the the end the player that started won and was followed by the two of the three in finishing in the same turn. Still they were further advanced and deserved the win.

Having discovered the mechanics the second game was more interesting. I tried to utilise pairs and triples and spent a lot of the early game building up a larger hand. My hope was that I could take advantage of the opportunities when they arose.

I took the first pirate off the board with a large streak based on a double, and also had the second in a similar manner in the midgame. Alas it was too late when I had a hand of bottles and hats to catch up my three pirates that had been hording cards at the tail of the pack. What I failed to pick up was that as more pirates advanced the ranks I had less pirates who might occupy key spaces and allow me to travel speedily.

I quickly started packing the pieces when Jason won hoping not to play out the rest of the game and smile at what would have been a second place in both games. Unfortunatley the truth was that I was a long way off and my hording of cards did not enable me to utilise their potential.

Maybe next time. Well done to Dave and Jason for thier wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.