Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
romuald chapeau
France
Flers en Escrebieux
NORD
flag msg tools
mbmb
An entry especially for the 2015 18 cards Contest.

Players want influence the King and the Queen to marry the Princess (and become the next King...)

A picture with cards in Black and White (no more color in the printer) :

Number of players : 3-4

Description of Components :
5 Main Characters
12 Minor Characters
1 card for rules

Playing Time : 5-15 minutes

I need more and more and more playtests and more again to balance cards.

SET-UP :
Place the 5 Main Characters (Favorite, Lover, Bishop, King and Queen) in the center on their Face A.
Return in the box Minor Characters cards marked by a '4', upper right corner, if you are in a 3-player game.

THE GAME :

Preparing : Shuffle the Minor Characters and deal face down two at each player. Keep aside the other ones for this round (the player influencing Bishop looks at these ones).

Influencing Minor Characters : Players simultaneously say IN-FLU-ENCE, then turn face up cards. At this point, players place their hands on two cards in order to influence them. Each Character is influenced by only one player. First come, first served.

Influencing Main Characters : When every player influenced two minor characters, these characters are going to influence the main characters.
The players verify who influences most the Favorite, then the Lover, the Bishop, the King and lastly the Queen. (this order is given by number lower right corner).
Each icon on characters you influence (Minor Characters and Main Characters in front of you) worths one Influence.
If a player influences most a character, he places it in front of him on face A. If this character was already in front of him, he turns the card on face B.
If several players share the majority, the card stays where it is if it is in front of one of these players. Otherwise, it is placed on face A in the center of the table.

Winning the Game : At the end of a turn, if a player influences the King and the Queen, he's the winner. If not, keep playing : each player sets aside one of their two cards. Shuffle cards kept aside previously and their other cards, go for another preparation.

Edit : description of two kinds of cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
romuald chapeau
France
Flers en Escrebieux
NORD
flag msg tools
mbmb
After testing it with 3 players, I find this entry a bit too chaotic but fast and fun. My outspoken sister really enjoyed playing it. It was encouraging.

Last week, we played a 4-player session and it didn't work. Therefore, I will have to re-design it.

I think of making a 17-card game for 3-4 players. Each beginning of turn, players get two cards. Every end of turn, players choose and keep one card for the next round, the other ones are set aside and visible for the Bishop. I don't have time to create new characters and test it now, but I think it will be done in two or three weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent B
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Idea! I think "Chaotic", "Fast" and "Fun" are all good attributes for an 18 card microgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.