Luca Lettieri
Italy
Pomezia
flag msg tools
LL
badge
Magnus
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to write an email several days ago to GMT about some missing blocks from C&C and an order I placed, but got no reply. Apart from phone calls (English not being my first language), is there any other way of contacting them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can usually get in contact with them in through their folder at www.consimworld.com:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@645.2LzCckfFCxo.8@.1dd12a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
They may be away for the holidays. They haven't posted any news since December 19.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that a phone call is much faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My first game: BASKETmind, a simple yet realistic 5on5 basketball game
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like the idea of calling them either (prefer much more writing english than speaking...), but I finally had to do it in order to get my dice missing in the 1st expansion... So write down what you're going to say and call!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manhattandoctor wrote:
I would call. I think their email is flaky. However, I did just email them to adjust my P500 order and got a reply within a few days.

The original post said "Apart from phone calls"... does no one read?!
Please also see:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1260265#1260265
where we discussed this same problem!

PS And no, its not really acceptable for a mail-order company not to deal effectively through email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Russo
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing blocks from mine too, CC ancients ed 2 my wife gave me for xmas, I have to finish stickering to see what the final damage is but will be contacting GMT too and let you know the result here.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Luca, I should have read your post more closely. If you do not get a response to your email and need help language-wise, I would be glad to call the fory you. You can pm me if you need help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent them an email on 24 december about missing blocks (all the 7 Carthaginian leader/chariot ones).
Having had no reply, I sent them a copy of it yesterday, with a reading attestation linked to it.
I recieved the reading confirmation, but nothing more.
I will wait another day, then call them (with about 10 hours difference between CA and Switzerland, I will have to do that in the evening).
Strangely, I had a much faster answer about the Clash of Giants II I recieved at the same time (I had some rules questions to transmit to the designer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record - I did get through to GMT by posting from another email address. It seems they are working from new emails backwards to the older ones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Lettieri
Italy
Pomezia
flag msg tools
LL
badge
Magnus
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now this is weird.

I tried sending them another email, with the request for the missing blocks and a question about combining shipping on P500 games.

No reply to this second email either, but this morning the missing blocks were in the mailbox.

Psychic GMT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lu.le. wrote:
No reply to this second email either, but this morning the missing blocks were in the mailbox.

Psychic GMT?

Happened here too; the game arrived before GMT said they would be able to check on the order status. So the good news is that orders are being processed even if communication about those orders is a little slow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.