Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may have been answered before. I couldn't find anything searching the forums.

Hasbro announced they were reprinting an old Avalon Hill game last year at the same time they announced a new Richard Garfield game would be released. Rocketville came out a few months back but what happened to the AH reprint. I can find no mention of it on the Hasbro AH website and the entry has been taken down from Gone Cardboard. I don't spot any new games on AH's roster. Anyone know anything about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably just reassessed how they were allocating their resources and decided that something else, like Axis & Allies miniatures expansions, was more profitable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in their minds it was an A&A variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After Rocketville turned out to be such a stinker, and with lackluster sales for its other non-war games, we recently saw Hasbro selling off all its games like Sword&Skull (another stinker), Vegas Showdown, Monsters Menace America, etc. and getting rid of remaining stock. I picked up the last copy of Betrayal at the House on the Hill at TRU a while back, and I expect when those other games sell they won't be restocking. I heard they were only going to produce A&A variants out of what's left of Avalon Hill. They were obviously trying to reach out to the gamer crowd while marketing to the general public with games like Vegas Showdown, which was pretty good, but with the disappointment that was "The New $$Richard Garfield$$ Game!!", I think they lost their will to lose more money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a thread similar to this one. Some suggested (me too) that the "reprint" was "Battle of the Bulge" done in A&A - format.

Sorry, no Hannibal yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawolf wrote:
There was a thread similar to this one. Some suggested (me too) that the "reprint" was "Battle of the Bulge" done in A&A - format.

Sorry, no Hannibal yet.

Yes, I believe that the A&A Battle of the Bulge is in fact that reprint, although Hasbro/AH/WOTC did not, to my knowledge, ever formally make such an announcement. Given that this new A&A BotB is much more of a traditional light-weight wargame than a typical A&A game, it seems to make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
angry oh, they LIED some more about that, and what did you REALLY 'expect'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.