Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's going to start on October 13th, but curious to see if this will be a full 30 day campaign to give me more time to save up for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe will launch on Kickstarter at 9:30 am CST on October 13 and will end promptly at 7:59 pm CST on November 5. It's a full 24 day campaign (we've run full campaigns ranging from as little as 16 to as many as 42 days--the ideal length depends on what the project needs and how many other projects a creator has run).

http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-9-timing-and-l...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey. 24 days is still better than 15 or 18 days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start on a Tuesday, end on a Thursday. Following the formula to a "T" thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haz Dhim
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Ending right after I get my paycheck. Brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 2 Kickstarter is starting October 13th as well. Hmmmm, time to look into some extra organs I can donate in October.... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well by the time my wife sees this on the credit card statement, it will be close enough to Christmas that I can just tell her, "thanks, this is all I want for Christmas." Though will be closer to my birthday in June when I get it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 2 Kickstarter is starting October 13th as well. Hmmmm, time to look into some extra organs I can donate in October.... whistle

October 19th for CW I believe - so you have another week to use those organs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have a ballpark figure for Scythe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

I believe it was $59 for basic game, $79 with metal coins, and $99 for limited edition version with metal coins, plastic resource bits in shape of each resource, and a bigger board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hamel
United States
Pacific
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Dumon wrote:

I believe it was $59 for basic game, $79 with metal coins, and $99 for limited edition version with metal coins, plastic resource bits in shape of each resource, and a bigger board.

$99 has a regular sized board and if you flip the board over you can add an extension to make it bigger.

http://stonemaiergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Scythe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, those are most of the KS prices (each one includes $15 shipping built into the price). Retail MSRP will be $70.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping to Europe will necessitate extra shipping costs, correct?

Man, this could not come at a worse date. First the Essen fair, then the CW campaign, and now this (and, of course, not enough money)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hamel
United States
Pacific
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Postage is included? That's great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon: Shipping to Germany (from France--it's EU friendly) will be an extra $8.

We understand that people have to budget out their game funds--that's one of the reasons why we announced the Scythe Kickstarter dates back in April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Dixon
United States
Herndon
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
auge wrote:
Hahma wrote:
Dumon wrote:

$99 has a regular sized board and if you flip the board over you can add an extension to make it bigger.

I thought this was just to give you an idea on how big the collectors board was? I didnt realize it was an extension concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hamel
United States
Pacific
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ekalbs wrote:
auge wrote:
Hahma wrote:
Dumon wrote:

I thought this was just to give you an idea on how big the collectors board was? I didnt realize it was an extension concept.

Nope, the way I understand it is there is an extension that you add just like in the GIF... I think this is clever as heck.

Also, a buddy of mine is backing this project as well but he had a concern with the board being too big for his table, I was happy to tell him that he had an option to use the regular sized board as well.
He really wanted the $99 version but was having to make a tough decision about not taking it . . . this made his choice a no brainer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

We understand that people have to budget out their game funds--that's one of the reasons why we announced the Scythe Kickstarter dates back in April.

Of course!
And that was not criticism regarding information flow, or somesuch. Rather, MY actually discovering this project, and finding more information about it which peaked my interest, is what could not have come at a worse date.

That said, I am saving money since April for the Cthulhu Wars second KS, so it might not have changed the situation...

Alas, well see. Once both campaigns are up and running, I'll decide if there is enough money left...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric: That's exactly correct. The intent there is so the regular board can be used in most situations, but if you have the opportunity to play on a huge game table, you just flip over the regular board and slide the extension next to it to make all of the hexes and art 50% bigger. This separation of the two boards also allows a retail customer to buy the board extension from us at any time if they get a bigger game table.

S.R.: No worries! Scythe is a very different game than Cthulhu Wars in many regards, and we run our Kickstarters differently than they do too. Hopefully you have the chance to sample both experiences to see what's right for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I already own Cthulhu Wars (the core game), and with all my hobby background that one is absolutely right up my alley. I just want to secure myself the chance to get all the expansions (missed the chance last time).

With Scythe, it is more unclear, although what I have seen of it (your video introduction), it is also right up my alley. I'll have a deeper look at Essen (IIRC, there will be a prototype?)...

Ah well, time to sell my kidneys...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a Scythe prototype at the Morning Players booth, yep. I think there will be a booth for selling kidneys at Essen too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I think there will be a booth for selling kidneys at Essen too.

Do you know if they take preorders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not for Scythe--the Kickstarter starts right after Essen on October 13 (I'll be running that, not Morning Players). As for other pre-orders (like Between Two Cities), I don't think they're doing that either, as they'll have very limited copies there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Not for Scythe--the Kickstarter starts right after Essen on October 13 (I'll be running that, not Morning Players). As for other pre-orders (like Between Two Cities), I don't think they're doing that either, as they'll have very limited copies there.

I meant for kidneys and such

Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly!

And how would that actually work?
"So, I'd like to preorder surgery, so that you can take out my kidney, to sell it for profit on the market, and pay me with not nearly enough money so I can at least buy a few more games from publishers (hopefully you will not ditch me in a tub full of ice)!"

Okay, that sound's half-reasonable. I'm second in line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.