Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it a publishing issue? Because the gameplay looks phemomenal, the artwork is beautiful, perfect info (gamer's game), and the Theme is awesome. Just wondering is all whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No more printed and old. The cardboard is also somewhat cheap for today standards. But indeed the game is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
Is it a publishing issue? Because the gameplay looks phemomenal, the artwork is beautiful, perfect info (gamer's game), and the Theme is awesome. Just wondering is all :whistle:

The buying audience could be reacting to different things. This publisher may require more effort in order to find a oopy. This designer may be viewed as following uncommon paths and thus not readily understood. This game may be considered fiddly (wide variety of playing pieces). This game may be considered "short".

All that is naught but speculation on my part, and I am uneasy that your question requires answering with negatives because I appreciate the special mechanisms here, such as the collection of visitors in advance at the price of tying up a worker for a longer period of time.

I can suggest that rather than focusing on why others hesitate you should instead trust the elements you've already determined are positive and use them as a motivation to explore the game in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it via trade this morning, read the rules and did a little research. I just want to get some feedback from different people with their opinion regarding my question. I am really looking forward to playing what appears to be a Gem. Thanks for your replies fellas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stansel
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
This game has been on my radar for awhile now, but a copy (reasonably priced)seems hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
All we can do, who truly enjoy the game, is get the word out. Encourage people to play it. I've found that those who do play it enjoy it. A lot. Not to light, not too heavy. Good strategy. Nice mechanism. But always fun. Perfect game for dead of winter or height of summer (esp. if you don't live near any major body of water as I do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there's about 5 copies in stock at funagain games for 20$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
there's about 5 copies in stock at funagain games for 20$

Nice find. It's strange to see this game have copies popping up several times at several different retailers lately. I purchased it earlier this year, and was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher is doing a kickstarter for the second edition of HABITATS which has Sun, Sea & Sand as add-on for 27€. I suggest buying both games because they are both very good games! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also available here in Canada:
https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/sun-sea-sand

$43 CAD, which is a shade under the 27€ asking price in the KickStarter (although not sure how shipping compares - likely cheaper here if you are in North America).

We played again last week and rather enjoyed it.

The game doesn't seem to have a lot of strategic variance - there are a few different approaches to try, but most have significant overlap. Success is tied more to timing and evaluating available options than trying to find some clever action.

Despite being pretty direct in what it's trying to accomplish, the game remains a tight and interesting experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Iced One wrote:
The publisher is doing a kickstarter for the second edition of HABITATS which has Sun, Sea & Sand as add-on for 27€. I suggest buying both games because they are both very good games! whistle

That is great! If I didn't already own both, I'd def get em. Habitats in particular is an excellent tile layer. Btw, do you know if they're throwing in Factory Funner as part of that KS add on as well? I really wana grab a copy of that for a reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
Btw, do you know if they're throwing in Factory Funner as part of that KS add on as well? I really wana grab a copy of that for a reasonable price.

I'm not sure how affordable some of the Cwali games are after conversion and shipping fees, but there are many available again (unfortunately, not including Factory Funner) which is pretty awesome.

The following is a quote from the KickStarter campaign:

You can let us pack other Cwali-games in your rewards package. No extra delivery costs! Just raise your pledge and message me which games you add.

*Gipsy King*: Add 22,-
*Powerboats* expansion tiles: Add 3,-
*BasketBoss*: Add 23,-
*Sun,Sea&Sand*: Add 27,-
*Meltdown2020*: Add 24,-
*Factory Funner* expansion tiles: Add 3,-
*Mayday!Mayday!*: Add 15,-
*Mayday!Mayday! 9th/10th player expansion*: Add 4,-
*Champions2020*: Add 24,-
*StreetSoccer*: Add 20,-
*Mondriaan 2020*: Add 14,-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.