Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I reading this right?

Japanese units always attack one-on-one. The strongest Japanese unit is a 4. A doubled American (in a fortified beachhead or in doubling terrain) is an 8 or a 10. Attacks cannot be made at less than -2. Does this mean that the Japanese will simply surround a doubled American and then park?

Also, terrain effects don't stack, but I would think the fortified beachhead bonus would stack with a terrain bonus. Not that it matters since any doubled American is more than a match for any Japanese unit.

Lemme know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Neopeius wrote:
Am I reading this right?

Japanese units always attack one-on-one. The strongest Japanese unit is a 4. A doubled American (in a fortified beachhead or in doubling terrain) is an 8 or a 10. Attacks cannot be made at less than -2. Does this mean that the Japanese will simply surround a doubled American and then park?

Also, terrain effects don't stack, but I would think the fortified beachhead bonus would stack with a terrain bonus. Not that it matters since any doubled American is more than a match for any Japanese unit.

Lemme know!

Where does it say 1 to 1?

EDIT:

Found it, 8.52.

I think you are reading it right.

Though the surrounded unit is now out of supply and may not attack as well as having its defence halved. And so can be attacked next turn.

Neopeius wrote:

Lemme know!

Rule 8.33 "The single most advantageous terrain effect (only) is applied."

Is a fortified supply point a terrain effect? If so....

Now I feel like putting my current game on hold and getting this one out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are very specific--Japanese units don't gang up. All attacks are by individual units against individual units.

But I did find the rule that says you can't build fortified beachheads in doubled terrain, so that answers that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damjon wrote:
]

Though the surrounded unit is now out of supply and may not attack as well as having its defence halved. And so can be attacked next turn.

I don't think so. The surrounded unit is *in* a fortified beachhead. The Japanese ZOC extends into the beachhead, but since it's occupied by friendly units, the supply canceling properties are negated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neopeius wrote:
Damjon wrote:
]

I don't think so. The surrounded unit is *in* a fortified beachhead. The Japanese ZOC extends into the beachhead, but since it's occupied by friendly units, the supply canceling properties are negated.

[6.26] Zones of Control always extend into all hexes
except all-sea hexes, and through all hexsides
except all-sea hexsides.

So I guess the sea hex to the rear of the beachhead marker is always zoc-clear because of the all sea hex, not the contained units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damjon wrote:
Neopeius wrote:
Damjon wrote:
]

[6.26] Zones of Control always extend into all hexes
except all-sea hexes, and through all hexsides
except all-sea hexsides.

So I guess the sea hex to the rear of the beachhead marker is always zoc-clear because of the all sea hex, not the contained units.

Sure, except the rules don't say supply is traced out to sea. It's just traced to the beachheads. And the units are *on* the beachhead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you have all the answers.

Looking forward to your review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Flacy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I used to have the Japanese unit attempt an attack. If I rolled a 6, then the attacking unit would be doubled due to the banzai attack and the attack would do whatever damage was possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.