BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Games where dice location matters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Broad

SA
msg tools
designer
I had a thought for a game where the mechanic involves rolling dice and the location where they finish matters as well as what is rolled.

One other game that uses this mechanic is Rattle Battle Grab the Loot, where the dice represent pirate ships and their proximity determines whether they can shoot each other, etc.

Does anyone know of any other games where dice location matters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us? Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir! Mal: Ain't we just.
mbmbmbmbmb
The obvious one is Pirates of the 7 Seas, similar (but different) mechanic, and they were both announced fairly close to each other, too.

Pirates of the 7 Seas

Another older game is Strike, again, similar-ish, but different.

Strike

Hope that helps!
~Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tumblin Dice
Yspahan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cant place it. But there are some RPG accessories that use the to hit die roll onto a pattern to determine also where the hit landed.

Also from the RPG side there is a system to generate an entire town with the trow of various dice. The locations and numbers rolled determine the types of locals and their connections to others in town.

And another RPG tool and game. How to Host a Dungeon has the location where a die lands as where the feature is too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wood
United Kingdom
Little Chalfont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GW did a range of games where you rolled the dice in the lid and there was a grid showing "hit" and "miss" IIRC - cannot remember what the number was for...

Mighty Warriors

V.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of the games in '6' which involve rolling/dropping dice and the result and position relative to other dice is important.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has said Dungeon Fighter -- I've not played it, but isn't that about rolling/throwing/trickshotting dice at a target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Francis
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rattle Battle Grab the Loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Benckert
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
There are a couple of the games in '6' which involve rolling/dropping dice and the result and position relative to other dice is important.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has said Dungeon Fighter -- I've not played it, but isn't that about rolling/throwing/trickshotting dice at a target?

Dungeon Fighter is fantastic. You have to bounce the die off the table, and land it on a target. Where the die lands determines damage (and missing the target is a miss, and the monster hits you instead). Add in trick throws and you've got an absurdly silly, extremely fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.