George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened the pledge manager.

Which add-ons provide more gameplay, rather than being cosmetic. I'm really not interested in the special guest packs, but unsure of what other add-ons will round out the game.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teage Watson
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Deadeye Walkers will add more variation in zombie types. The N.P.C. boxes will as well. The N.P.C. zombies are already in the pledge, but the additional box will add more spawn cards to increase the odds that you will see them more often. The crows are yet another that will change up the pace of the game.

I also got the deck holders to make life easier, but you could make some up with foam core fairly easily if you wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crows and Dead-eyes will add enemy types which are completely unique. NPC2 will add new weapon cards but no underlying mechanics additions. The Carl Critchlow and Stefan Kopinski artists boxes each include a new necromancer, but we don't know exactly how different their abilities will be. THe John Howe box includes 2 new spell cards but no fundamentally new mechanics, much like the NPC2.

I think that pretty much covers it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You will find quite a lot of info here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
the_knucklehead wrote:
The Deadeye Walkers will add more variation in zombie types. The N.P.C. boxes will as well. The N.P.C. zombies are already in the pledge, but the additional box will add more spawn cards to increase the odds that you will see them more often. The crows are yet another that will change up the pace of the game.

I also got the deck holders to make life easier, but you could make some up with foam core fairly easily if you wanted to.

forgot to mention NPC-2 will add extra vault cards as well. Here's the update which includes descriptions of the vault cards from NPC-2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that if you've played previous Zombicide games, know you love it, and want to maximize your experience, the suggestions above sound reasonable. I'm new to Zombicide, so my take is that the core game (and maybe the expansion) will be enough for now. That gives me piles of content including nearly all of the exclusives (to my understanding, the only exclusive extra not included in the Huntsman or Knight packages is the Grom and Thalia set). I expect to be able to buy the non-exclusive add-ons later (and probably for somewhat less) if I decide I want them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
I have played Zombicide but I really don't know what extras to get.

Trouble is, without playing with Necromancers, we don't know how necessary they are to have for more variety / enjoyment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.