Place 5 objective tokens facedown all the Holding Cell
as indicated. These are prisoners.

Quote:
As an action, while adjacent to a prisoner, a master
changeling may pick him up. Place the objective token
on the master changeling's base. If the master changeling
is defeated while carrying a prisoner, the objective token
is dropped in it's space.

Can the Master Changeling pick up more than one prisoner at the time? According to Nathan unless the quest sets a specific limit, then there is none (he names Tipping the Scales as an exception). However, the wording of the rules for picking up and dropping a prisoner always talks in singular form.

And if he carry several prisoners at once, what happens if he dies, do they drop into one neat stack, or get placed in the closest available space? Is there a general rule against objective tokens occupying the same space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played this quest, we played that the master changeling could only pick up one at a time (the OL still won.) However, if "it is not limited unless there is an explicit limit" is true, then multiple could be picked up. In that case, a dying changeling would drop all carried prisoners in the same space, since they do not block movement or line of sight (a space containing a villager is an empty space.) It would require a separate action to pick up or execute each individual prisoner, regardless of whether or not they are in the same space/carried by the same changeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this like Zaltyre that the Changeling can only pick up one prisoner at a time, thinking that he somehow posses the prisoner (hence the token is in his space) and well it was logical to me that he can only posess one at a time. Moreover in all the text concerning the changeling and the prisoner it is always written in singular that's why probably more people played like that.

In the end I as the OL won this quest and it wasn't down to the last dice-roll, so you maybe make this quest easier than it was for me as the OL, if the master changeling can pick up more than one token at a time.

Of course by the literal definition of the rules picking up multiple tokens at once might be correct, but I wouldn't play like that until the heroes are really strong and devestating you in most encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We just Nerekhall and I'm the overlord, so was interested in this post. I'll have to read over the rules for that quest. If it does say you posses them and then have to get off the board like the first quest, I'd say one at a time. If it says pick up the villager, I might think about carrying multiple. Of course that would make a more obvious target and would suck to die with a stack under the changeling, more than if it was one to pick back up. Would be a good time for a dash. Load up and get out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the rules, and they do not say the changeling can posses just one person. On the other hand sentence: "If the master changeling is defeated while carrying a prisoner...." appears to answer your question.

The singular is used. So if multiple tokens were allowed and the changeling was defeated while carrying more than one token, the condition would not trigger and the status of the prisoner would become undefined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.