Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played 2 games of CC since going through the Example of Play, and we're having a good time with this game. I think we initally made a mistake by only resolving die triggers during attack or defense rolls, this may have been because we had a couple Jammed! Triggers early in the game and became used to those occuring during fire attack rolls. By the end of the second game we realized that other Triggers should be resolved on all die rolls.

I have a couple of questions:

Is it is necessary to activate the squad carrying a weapon with a move order in order to transfer a weapon? Rule [11.3] "A Weapon may be transferred to another unit via the expenditure of 1 MP during a Move Order [O21.1.1]" does not specify that it is necessary for the sqaud carrying a weapon to expend the required 1 MP to transfer a weapon. Can another squad, activated with a move order, move in a hex with an unactivated squad carrying a weapon, spend a MP, and transfer the weapon to himself?

Also, each objective is worth one VP unless an Objectives Chit indicates otherwise, correct? [7.3]

Thanks,
Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfunk wrote:
Is it is necessary to activate the squad carrying a weapon with a move order in order to transfer a weapon?

Yes.

Quote:
Rule [11.3] "A Weapon may be transferred to another unit via the expenditure of 1 MP during a Move Order [O21.1.1]" does not specify that it is necessary for the sqaud carrying a weapon to expend the required 1 MP to transfer a weapon.

I think the clear implication is that the MP has to be expended by the unit that has the weapon. Would you claim that you could have some other unit C, over on the other side of the map, expend 1 MP to transfer the weapon from A to B?

Quote:
Also, each objective is worth one VP unless an Objectives Chit indicates otherwise, correct? [7.3]

No. Objectives are worth nothing unless an Objective chit, or other scenario rule, assigns them a value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Would you claim that you could have some other unit C, over on the other side of the map, expend 1 MP to transfer the weapon from A to B?"

No, I don't think that would be possible. But can a unit in the same hex as an unactivated unit carrying a weapon pay one MP for the weapon to be transfered to them?

The reason I thought all the objectives were worth at least 1 VP was because of the wording in [7.3] "Each of the five Objectives on every map can be worth one or more VPs, depending on which Objective Chits are in play." It doesn't indicate that the objectives can be worth 0 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pfunk wrote:
But can a unit in the same hex as an unactivated unit carrying a weapon pay one MP for the weapon to be transfered to them?

No, it can't.

A unit activated to Move may transfer its Weapon to a friendly unit stacked with it for a MP cost of 1.

Transferring, as quoted above, is something that is done by the owner of the weapon.

Quote:
The reason I thought all the objectives were worth at least 1 VP was because of the wording in [7.3] "Each of the five Objectives on every map can be worth one or more VPs, depending on which Objective Chits are in play." It doesn't indicate that the objectives can be worth 0 VP.

Each objective can be worth one or more VPs. Each objective can also be worth nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Dave on both accounts.

A unit has to be activated for movement to transfer a weapon to another unit, though the receiving unit does not have to be activated.

The fact an objective can be worth 0 VP is further supported by a statement in the Rules saying a player should try to get all objectives, even if they may not be worth anything, since secret objective chits are not revealed until the game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, thanks for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No. Objectives are worth nothing unless an Objective chit, or other scenario rule, assigns them a value.

This is also supported in the extended Example of Play, Playbook, page 19, first column, first gray box:

The VP total would have changed had an open Objective chit listing #4 been in play.

Since the VP total didn't change, it implies that Objective #4 is not worth any points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is right (yay!). Objectives are worth nothing unless and until an Open Objective Chit says otherwise.

(a Secret OC simply indicates to the player allowed to peek at it that an Objective WILL be worth VPs at some later point - most likely at the end of the game when it is automatically revealed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.