Hide
12 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Healing and armor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Williams
msg tools
So I played my first story last night and it was awesome. All four lived, thanks only to judicious use of survival, but it was great. We took a few wounds, one being to the waist using the cloth armor up, and I can't for the life of me find a reference to what happens in the next showdown in regards to previous damage.

Do light and heavy injuries heal between rounds? Is armor fixed and put back to its starting value? If anyone can point me to a page in the rule book, that would be awesome. The game is ridiculously fun but the rule book is a bit of a chore as there is no discernible index
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the rules for the settlement phase. I can't remember if it is stage 1, 2, or 3, but one of those answers your questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on. I had this question too. From the rulebook, pg. 34 2. Survivors Return:

Returning survivors heal any existing light and heavy injuries by erasing any filled boxes on their record sheets. Permanent injuries are not healed.

Pg. 28, Damage the Survivor:

Reducing armor points at a location to 0 does not cause the armor to be discarded. However, armor points do not replenish during the showdown.

My impression from this passage is armor is "fresh and reset" when you equip your dudes at the end of the settlement phase. So those points reset as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Williams
msg tools
Man I love the community for this game. You guys are on the ball

Thanks for the help for sure. It makes a big difference on who I send out to hunt next session which will hopefully be tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Lenhart
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also when you depart, that is when you update your armor in locations per the gear on your gear grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Seems kind of weird that armor regenerates like that. I guess you'd have to constantly be rebuilding your armor as you use it up if it were to be discarded, which would make the game even harder. Still, I should think the quality would at least degrade over time after getting beat up so much.

I'm assuming that bleed tokens are also removed off of you Survivor after the Showdown phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
I'm assuming that bleed tokens are also removed off of you Survivor after the Showdown phase?

At the beginning of the settlement phase, all tokens are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
paddirn wrote:
Seems kind of weird that armor regenerates like that.

I figured that one of the things Survivors do during the 'settlement phase' is maintain their gear... clean their weapons, sharpen their blades, and patch the holes in their armor.

Armor isn't really ablative, it just gets degraded as it takes damage. It would be interesting to introduce some kind of truly ablative armor, perhaps something based off of the Dung Beetle Knight carapace. It has Armor 6, but it also says "when this location reaches armor 0, archive this card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
paddirn wrote:

I figured that one of the things Survivors do during the 'settlement phase' is maintain their gear... clean their weapons, sharpen their blades, and patch the holes in their armor.

Armor isn't really ablative, it just gets degraded as it takes damage. It would be interesting to introduce some kind of truly ablative armor, perhaps something based off of the Dung Beetle Knight carapace. It has Armor 6, but it also says "when this location reaches armor 0, archive this card."

Skull Helm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
paddirn wrote:

The skull helm does something pretty similar to that actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
halfwing wrote:
Zephyr40k wrote:
paddirn wrote:

Hm yes I just re-read skull helm and it is truly ablative armor. So there ya go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
halfwing wrote:
Zephyr40k wrote:
paddirn wrote:

Hm yes I just re-read skull helm and it is truly ablative armor. So there ya go.

Well,destructible armor at any rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.