Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we have a rules thread going that gives in detail how power timing works, I wanted to ask a question that get incorporated into that.

The FAQ says that powers which steal initiative *may* be played after combat powers are revealed. Is that interpreted as "Between the revealing of combat powers and the "Before Roll" powers of the initiative attacker is the *only* time in the sequence they may be played" ?

What if its heros /w Ghost Rider as an Ally versus Bullseye with a Surprise Attack ?

Its the first combat round, so heroes have initiative. Bullseye uses Improvised Weapons to steal initiative.

Can Ghost Rider steal it back ?

If Ghost Rider steals it back, can Bullseye used Improvised Weapons again to take it back ? How about Surprise Attack, a separate power ?

Just curious how all the initiative timing situations would work.

I have way to much time on my hands to think up all these scenarios !

-T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As far as I understand, you can keep stealing it back and forth as long as you want to keep wasting your resources...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Hecker
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
I think you got it wrong. before rolling the dice the player with initiative may play a card/use a special ability then the player without initiative. After that the fight starts immediately.

So when bullseye uses his ability to steal the initiative, there is nothing the hero-player can do about it.

However, if the hero looses the outwit-phase and bullseye gets the initiative, the hero can steal the initiative back via Ghost Rider and now it is bullseye who can't steal the initiative back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.