Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Parker
United States
Bethel
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From reading the rules I'm sure that if a stock is anywhere on the bottom row of the price chart when shares are sold then the price remains unchanged.

I'm less sure about what happens if the stock is on a ledge. (By ledge I mean any box in row 2 or above which does not have another box directly beneath it.)

I think that if a stock is on a ledge when shares are sold then the price remains unchanged. This would mean that malicious selling by your opponents could not stop a stock from crawling along the bottom and then up the right hand slope of the stock price chart.

Is my understanding of this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fall stock price and ledges on chart
Yes, your understanding of the rules is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2038 the stock market is different from other 18xx games. When one or more shares is sold the price moves down one space. If it's at the bottom of a column then it doesn't move. The market is set up to minimize trashing of stock unlike some of the other (1830/1870/1856) games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes, your understanding is correct. There is really no such thing as "ledges" in 2038; the bottom of the stock chart is simply irregularly shaped. Thus, any ledge row is a bottom row and sales of a stock whose price is currently in any such row is unaffected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.