Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessie Ulii
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight we played a game where after going into extra innings, and played all 15 cards, we were still tied. How should we have resolved this? We scrapped the game and just started over, but for future reference. We checked everywhere, but couldn't find an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffle your In Play stack and keep going.
In the free agent buy round, you get to use all your cards (unless you have some guy still stuck in the On Deck Circle...don't use him).
Man, why did you scrap it??? That was history in the making! It's almost like scrapping a perfect game in real baseball with one out to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Peter, that sounds like an epic game!

As I am sure everyone can appreciate, that is quite an edge case. Although I have had one go 13 cards myself.

But there is no tie-ing in baseball. I agree that Peter's suggestion to reshuffle the entire In Play Stack and play on is the best solution. At the end, once there is a winner, the revenue would consist of a single count of all cards that were ever played to the In Play box for that game. Any On Deck card would not count.

Let's see if Mike has any input on this before calling this official!

Go Wiffle!

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no tie in baseball. The scraped game of yours made my tummy get all woozy.

Keep going until the cows come home!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessie Ulii
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pretty epic. It was only the second game so we didn't have very many outside of the basic decks and then we kept playing the exact same card over and over again.

It is an edge case, and don't think it would happen very often. But my opponent and I think a lot alike and we just kept playing the same cards during the extra innings. It was a game, and if we weren't using the games as a way to teach others we would've waited for a response from here. But thank you all for the quick replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Ralph is right. I have yet to see that but keep going. That is history in the making!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a game where the same situation happened - we had to get online and find this thread before we could finish the game.

I actually drew out my 15 exactly, but since my opponent had not used his pitch hitter, he was one card short on our third Extra Innings, and got to shuffle and draw 1.

What made it more epic: we were tied 3 games to 3, and began the first extra inning tied 0-0! Final score: 7-6!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.