Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This was pretty unexpected. So what is the estimated publication date for Fire Team: Red Eclipse?

Never played the original Fire Team, but did play some of the other contemporary tactical modern combat games at the time such as MBT (first edition) and the Assault: Tactical Combat in Europe – 1985 series by GDW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marcus

We do not have a release date yet. Steve been working on this for a while and we are very happy with the game. We are now getting the artist setup to do the next stage. We will be posting more as we move ahead.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeThorne
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on this? I have been searching for a tactical game for this time period. (I just got my shrink-wrapped EISENBACH GAP and can't wait to get at it!)

My preferred scale is generally squad- or individual AFV-based, which led me to look for trades for the old WEG FIRE TEAM, as well as HEROES AGAINST THE RED STAR. But now this! Thank goodness I'm kind of slow!

This does beg the question: how do HARS and FT:RE compare and contrast with each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"Heroes of the Red Star" is a modern game for the Lock 'n' Load Tactical series. I believe this is "Heroes of the Gap" with the rules updated.

While the scales of the same game play is much different.

There is an AAR here for Red Eclipse:

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/fire-team-red-eclips...

While the graphics are playtest versions only it will give some idea of gameplay.

Main differences:

Red Eclipse is a random chit pull impulse system based on the leadership capability on the map and actual training levels for the units portrayed.
Red Eclipse has Tactical Event Cards that can be used throughout the game.
Red Eclipse has random Victory Point values each time you play.
Red Eclipse is part of a series that was designed from the ground up to have relative vehicle, weapons, aircraft, helicopter and artillery factors that are all created using the same formulas.
Red Eclipse is very solitaire friendly because of the random chit draw.
Red Eclipse is reliant on leadership.
Red Eclipse gets a certain number of orders each impulse determined by the leadership and training for that particular force at that moment.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Billings
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Retired USAF / ANG
badge
http://www.virtualwargamer.org
mbmbmbmbmb
just listened to the grogheads interview with the designer ... I am intrigued. I saw the last update was September of last year. Any new news? Is it planned for this year? when will it make the preorder list? anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same question one year later! snore

I also found the designer's interview quite interesting, but then never heard again about the game. Is there still hope?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
pmiranda wrote:
Same question one year later! snore

I also found the designer's interview quite interesting, but then never heard again about the game. Is there still hope?

I would say there is a considerably good chance there is still hope for this game. It's on pre-order on the LnLP game site.

Good Hunting.

MR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I would like to do a simple update here...

The game was played at the WBC con this summer. There have been some issues with graphics over the past months that have delayed the publication.

What that has allowed for is the ability to continue to develop the series.

The Fire Team part of the series (KN) is continuing to be developed with other units, more scenarios, expansions, maps, etc.

Kontact Now, the series, will be developed in two parts.
* A modern theme - the Fire Team games, are anything from the 1960's through the near future.
* An early theme - the Squad games, anything from 1936 through the 1960's.

The differences are unit size.

Hopefully this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read your tutorial on the LnL forum and I'm quite excited to see this game published! It would deserve more buzz, I believe.

The only thing which I found a bit annoying is the amount of DRMs, if I recall, but good player aids should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I believe that, if a tactical game is done right, die roll modifiers are the most detailed part of the system.

In the real world the environment is what soldiers respond to the most.

Is it dry, wet, hot, cold?

Are they in the open, a field, a ditch, a wooden frame house, a stone building?

Is the unit firing concentrated, are half of them pinned down, mostly out of ammo, just got a fresh resupply of ammo... etc.

The list goes on.

That's why you see so many DRM's in the game.

Hope that helps.

Good Hunting.

MR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David DeThorne
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s a new year- any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starfleet Droid
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DDeT wrote:

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've seen them post updates on Facebook recently, looks like they are playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Overton
United States
Odessa
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
DDeT wrote:

There are updates.

1) Increasing the scenario count from 16 to 40.
2) Have playtest group active to test the changes to the weapons included in the game.
3) Have rules rough draft in the hands of the group doing the editing.
4) Target is to get the game to publication as soon as possible.

Good Hunting.

MR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.