Subject: Battlefield Hero's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
With this variant players must place all loremasters on the field with a unit of their choice. Use the counters that come with the game to represent them.

If a unit is killed that carried a loremaster, then the use of the loremaster is lost. You must now spend +3 lore for his cards and get them at level one only.

The unit with the commander is bold. If he is in support, he is not double bold however. This allows the generals knights to work well alone. If you lose the commander then randomly discard down to 3 command cards immediately.

If a lore effect targets a unit close to the casting loremaster he may get a discount on lore spending.In this way it is possible to play a lore card for free.

At level 1 he gets -1 lore for a range 1 effect.(target is adjacent at the time the card was played)

At level 2 he gets -2 lore for adjacent and -1 for 2 hex range.

At level 3 he gets -3 lore for adjacent, -2 for 2 hex range and -1 for 3 hex range.

If a card effects multiple units the full price must be payed, unless the player chooses to only target units in range for a discount(making the spell weaker by choice) and this is allowed.

Lore cards that do not effect units cannot be discounted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Payne
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
You could also use this variant without the lore discounts. Then there would be no incentive to put your hero's on the front lines except for the use of thier troops. I understand some players may feel the dicounts will 'break' the game. I have used this variant alot and I dont feel that it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think loremasters should have been represented by figures on the field in the base game anyway.

It feels to abstract to have spells played from some invisible wizard hiding way off the map somewhere. Just how does a wizard fling fireballs from that distance away?

I like the idea you can kill a loremaster - lore is powerful, and adds a lot of luck to the game. Having loremasters represented with figures brings a bit of realism into the game. Good house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.