Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know there's not much happening here, but I'm very excited about the new set and the game in general. Haven't had this much fun playing cards since back in the Invasion block days of MTG.

If anybody here is looking for more active FoW discussion, I can recommend http://fowzone.com/index.php and the FoW subreddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/fowtcg

I'm not a rules adviser (yet), but I do know my way around the game somewhat, so if anyone has any questions about new cards or interactions, I'll be happy to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My booster box is hopefully showing up today at my LGS. I'm very excited to see what I pull.

My 360-card FoW cube is about 95% done, and I expect SKL will provide me with the necessary cards to finish off a 1st functional draft. My gaming group and I are all hard-core cube players and I expect, while the anime themes and cheesecake factor might not be to everyone's taste, they should take to the MtG-similar rules systems pretty easily. I dig the way FoW superficially resembles a cross between commander mtg + the very aggressively paced and costed legacy format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asderiphel wrote:
I'm not a rules adviser (yet)

Do they have an automated test for this? I found it very helpful to take the adviser tests in magic to learn rules minutiae.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, not yet. They are working on a more expanded judge program right now though. There should be details pretty soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Strickland
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
My booster box is hopefully showing up today at my LGS. I'm very excited to see what I pull.

My 360-card FoW cube is about 95% done, and I expect SKL will provide me with the necessary cards to finish off a 1st functional draft. My gaming group and I are all hard-core cube players and I expect, while the anime themes and cheesecake factor might not be to everyone's taste, they should take to the MtG-similar rules systems pretty easily. I dig the way FoW superficially resembles a cross between commander mtg + the very aggressively paced and costed legacy format.

I went all-in on FoW since it triggered the same nostalgia response from me. After a few dozen constructed games I will say it's surprisingly deep with great decision making trees almost every turn. I really love the art (Vingolf notwithstanding) and can't wait to start deckbuilding with the new stuff.

Good luck on your box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.