Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this afore in the rules section (well thought I did) and it seems to have got eaten up some how so I put it on again in the general section with hope of a reply

I want to know the official ruleing on discarding cards

I have had, in the past, very rarely, while playing battlecry, been in a position where because of a denuded flank have been genuinley unable to play any of my order cards, in this situation after a breif discussion we decided that ifn you then show your opponant your hand to proove this then you woudl be allowed to as your order turn take an entirelly new hand of cards, a similar situation as this may occur in battlelore

what is more likely is that you will want to discard some of your lore cards, what with the often limited size of the lore hand (especially with a full lore council)

I am wondering what the official ruleing on that is? we discussed this also and came up with an alternate lore option ; that of discarding some or all of your unwanted lore cards instaed of takeing any lore or new lore cards

what does everyone think of these solutions and ifn there is an official rueling on either point what is it?

Walker Red Eye
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is already in the rules, so no specific ruling is needed: you can always play a command card, do nothing, and draw a new one (ending your turn). That is obviously not as good as drawing a new hand, but if you cannot play a single card it is usually your own fault (because you moved all your units out of a section), or you are already loosing badly. Note that many cards let you order 1 unit if you cannot use the specific command (e.g., mounted charge, darken the skies, etc.)

Lore cards are a different matter: you have a choice of drawing 0, 1 or 2 of them, and have to discard down to your maximum (if you took 2 you cannot keep both). This is independent of the command cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official ruling for Memoir '44 is that you play a card like normal, have no units to order, then draw a replacement card like normal. Essentially your turn consists of discarding 1 card and drawing a replacement. I don;t know if there's an official rule for BattleLore, but I would be that it would be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
The official ruling for Memoir '44 is that you play a card like normal, have no units to order, then draw a replacement card like normal. Essentially your turn consists of discarding 1 card and drawing a replacement. I don;t know if there's an official rule for BattleLore, but I would be that it would be the same.

That's the rule in Battlelore as well, I am sorry if I was unclear in expressing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. Man
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:

To make things slightly more complicated, it's not exactly the same as just discarding; Counterattack still works as usual. So you might want to be careful which card you are using to play a "null-order"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.