Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do abiliteis on B-sides of player board activate when you earn rewards at the end of a round?

For instance, I have the player board that gives me a unification marker (UM) each time I build a wall. Do I also get a UM when I earn the reward that lets me build a wall for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn B
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The round bonuses (place a wall, place a governor, place a palace, etc.) do not trigger tucked card abilities and do not trigger player board abilities.

The player board abilities and tucked cards abilities are triggered by their corresponding COURT ACTION.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how we played it based on common sense but we couldn't find any supporting rules in this regard. Actually, it is even said that end of round bonus follow all the regular rules, so it made us doubt even more. Can you point me to a reference in the rules that I may have missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn B
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My statement was based on the explanation of the abilities on page 15 of the English rules. Here is the rule for the board you've mentioned:

Quote:
After the player performs the “Build 1 Wall” Court Action, or the “Recruit 1 Official” Court Action, he may take 1 value-1 Unification Marker of his choice from the general supply. If he cannot because the supply has no value-1 Unification Markers left, he gains 1 VP.(page 15)

All of the player-board action explanations indicate that the effect happens "After the player performs ... [a particular] ... court action."

It might have said "After a player places a wall token on the board" the effect fires, but it does not. The effect is triggered by taking the court action, not by placing the wall. At least that's my reading. Did you see something else in the rules that suggest this is not right?

(edited to get the quote right)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mxever7 wrote:
Did you see something else in the rules that suggest this is not right?

Actually, as I said earlier, the rules state that all regular rules apply to unification rewards (p.13, note at the bottom of the first frame). We were just unsure if the B-side abilities were equivalent to taking the court actions.

On further thoughts, it seems the abilities are not court actions per se.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.