United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Can I op fire an assault move?

David is correct, however, to be precise, you mean "can I Op Fire an Advance". O16.1 explicitly rules on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the original poster is refering to an Assault Fire Action (A.26)

I would say yes, the other player could Op Fire whenever the moving unit(s) entered a new hex per normal movement rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I guess we all have different interpretations of the question, although the answer is no, in any case.

If the question is, "My opponent is playing an Advance Order to enter melee with my units; can I play a Fire Action to take opportunity fire?" then the answer is no. See A33.1 and O16.1.

If the question is, "My opponent is moving units with a Move Order; can I play an Assault Fire Action to take opportunity fire?" then the answer is no. See A26.

If the question is, "My opponent has played a Move Order and then an Assault Fire action to take assault fire; can I play a Fire Action to take opportunity fire at his units that are in the act of taking assault fire?" then the answer is no. You can only take opportunity fire when a unit activated for movement enters a new hex. See A33.1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

If the question is, "My opponent has played a Move Order and then an Assault Fire action to take assault fire; can I play a Fire Action to take opportunity fire at his units that are in the act of taking assault fire?" then the answer is no. You can only take opportunity fire when a unit activated for movement enters a new hex. See A33.1.

That answer is only correct assuming he does his assault fire before he actually moves. If he moves first and then plays the Assault Fire, you can Op Fire at him first, since non-active player actions happen first. If I understand correctly, an Assault Fire may be played before, during or after movement, whereas an Op Fire occurs for each MP expenditure (for the entirety of the move order is so desired).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
That answer is only correct assuming he does his assault fire before he actually moves. If he moves first and then plays the Assault Fire, you can Op Fire at him first, since non-active player actions happen first.

No, if he moves and then plays Assault Fire, then you can't op fire at him then, because non-active player actions happen first, so you would have had to choose to op fire after his move and before the assault fire. It's not like an "interrupt", where, if he says he wants to play Assault Fire, you can interrupt and say, no, then I'll play my Fire Action first. It's a phased sequence: he moves, then you decide whether to op fire, then he can decide to take assault fire. Once you discover that he has Assault Fire, and is planning to play it, it's too late for you to retroactively decide to op fire, if you declined that opportunity immediately after his movement.

Also, it's not true that you can op fire for each MP expenditure. You can only op fire when a moving unit enters a new hex. Admittedly, in CC:E these are almost the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
We need to find out what Daniel meant by "assault move" before we can adequately answer the question.

Daniel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.