Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, I'm sorry. I can no longer keep the lid on my impatience. How the heck can it take two months to ship all the pre-orders and still not done? I can't think of any reasonable math, any reasonable shipping process, and any reasonable number of pre-orders to be shipped that explain this incredibly long duration.

Fifty days (sure, I include weekends for building the games) and 2000 games (between Solo and Mission Builder, this seems in the ball park maybe high, maybe low) is 40 games shipped a day or 5 an hour. Five an hour?

How about finding a local Mailboxes etc who wants to hire a $15/hour employee on their day off to do nothing but put games boxes in shipping boxes, stick labels on and mail them. Sure, I get that Academy is trying to save costs but this must be as (differently) unpleasant for them as it is for us. How much per game box could it cost to use some teenager at MBE instead if the process was streamlined. My bet is a local MBE in Ohio would be darn glad of the business and look at it as a way to add a few hundred bucks to the bottom line on top of the the day's usual business - free money.

Here:

Divide all the orders into three groups (each game and both).
Build all the orders of one game: Line up all the components. Go down the row putting them in. Even have somebody checking after that's done, if desired.
Bring all the individual built games to the shipper with all the labels.
Shipper stuffs the exact same box into the exact same box with the exact same stuffing over and over.
Add label. Record cost. Ship.
Repeat for the other game.
Repeat for orders of both games.

8 hours in a day times 60 minutes in an hour = 480 mins. How long to box a game? 5 minutes max, 120 games per hour times eight hours = 960 games per day. How long to label and ship each box. Let's say the same amount of time, 1 day per thousand. Oh, and how long to build a game? Doesn't 5 minutes work there too? So another day. We're now up to three days total to get them all shipped. Ok, so my numbers -might- be off. But are they really off by a factor of 10? 50 minutes to stuff a game into a packing box, 50 minutes to build it, 50 minutes to put a label and postage on?

Seriously, two months?????
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Young
United States
Salisbury
NC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
give them a call. There is alot going on over there a Academy. Something may have been missed. They are very helpful and got mine out almost immediately.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason!

Sadly, calling them won't help me. I need the pre-orders done so they ship to CSI where my order has been waiting. Plus, the point of my post was that I can't figure out how they could possibly not be done. The math just doesn't work. It's as much a mental puzzle for me as the delay itself. I know they're good folks with a good company that makes great games.

Craig
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine this morning...Northern California.

Hopefully that helps as far as the timeliness.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
CHF_90265 wrote:
I need the pre-orders done so they ship to CSI where my order has been waiting.


Same boat as you. Luckily I have a shitload of other games to keep me occupied during the wait.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for mine as well from CSI. Remember that they don't get the games from the publisher until well after the release. Example, D-Day at Peleliu came out in June and still isn't off the Preorder on CSI.

The publisher is going to try to get as much done on their site first, it encourages direct orders from the publishers.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cisarano
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CHF_90265 wrote:
8 hours in a day times 60 minutes in an hour = 480 mins. How long to box a game? 5 minutes max, 120 games per hour times eight hours = 960 games per day. How long to label and ship each box. Let's say the same amount of time, 1 day per thousand. Oh, and how long to build a game? Doesn't 5 minutes work there too? So another day. We're now up to three days total to get them all shipped. Ok, so my numbers -might- be off. But are they really off by a factor of 10? 50 minutes to stuff a game into a packing box, 50 minutes to build it, 50 minutes to put a label and postage on?


Unless I missed the part where you assume 10 people boxing in parallel, it appears that your math IS off by a factor of 10 according to your own estimates. At 5 minutes per game, that would be 12 per hour, not 120. That makes 96 packages per eight-hour day, assuming the boxer has no other tasks, never eats lunch, never gets a paper cut, etc.

Even though you aren't waiting for a pre-order, it might still help to call them. They might be able to give you an idea of the status of the inventory on the way to CoolStuff.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bruder
United States
Rocky River
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Well, this may not calm people down at all. I just called Academy directly, placed an order and I'll have my copy tomorrow (I live about an hour away from where they're located - to be fair).

She said they're shipping same day to US customers while waiting on some logistics of getting all of the packages out internationally.

Very pleasant experience. Although, I can see where the frustrations lie with those who've had this pre-ordered forever and I can waltz in and get a copy ordered and delivered next day. blush
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poomba5150 wrote:
Well, this may not calm people down at all. I just called Academy directly, placed an order and I'll have my copy tomorrow (I live about an hour away from where they're located - to be fair).

She said they're shipping same day to US customers while waiting on some logistics of getting all of the packages out internationally.

Very pleasant experience. Although, I can see where the frustrations lie with those who've had this pre-ordered forever and I can waltz in and get a copy ordered and delivered next day. blush
Why, WHY did you have to mention this?

It really hurts you know...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mb
I live in New Zealand. I have e-mailed Academy games and the response rate is about 1 in 3 to e-mails. No reply to my last e-mail. I guess they are really really busy. New Zealand Post (our national postal service) allows new Zealanders to have good s delivered to an NZ Post warehouse in the States. I emailed Academy games earlier and they were trying to do a deal to reduce postage internationally. In my last e-mail (unanswered) I told them I was happy to pay the postage or they could ship it to the NZ post address in the USA. This is like being an American customer. I then pay NZ post to send it on (takes about a week). So despite giving Academy options they have not got back to me. Very frustrated and disappointed as many. Maybe Guadalcanal which I also pre ordered will be here by 2020? Who knows.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
I guess the "shipping late September" for EU pre-orders is now "sometime in October". I am keeping my fingers crossed this into going to keep rolling on though month on month (year on year?)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mb
Three emails from Academy Games today. My invoice, notification of shipping and a lovely email apologizing for the delays. It seems the volume of work getting the orders out after a four year period is huge. That's understandable and now my frustration is replaced with joy. Christmas has come early!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mb
Very happy to say that my copy of the Solo Expansion and the Firefight Generator arrived at my home in New Zealand yesterday. For those still waiting I understand your frustrations but it is worth the wait and I truely think that Academy Games is doing there very best.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JulianR wrote:
Very happy to say that my copy of the Solo Expansion and the Firefight Generator arrived at my home in New Zealand yesterday. For those still waiting I understand your frustrations but it is worth the wait and I truely think that Academy Games is doing there very best.


And your copy was shipped from USA, China?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Stoddart
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mb
It appears to have been shipped from the US
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danick Cloutier
Canada
St-Fabien
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JulianR wrote:
It appears to have been shipped from the US


Still dont have mine here in Canada. Strange.
Guess it wont be much longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Marentette
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still waiting in Canada.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikemarentette wrote:
Still waiting in Canada.


Canadian copies are being shipped to Toronto this week, and then will get sent out from there.

So I'm guessing an ETA of around 2 weeks from now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
mikemarentette wrote:
Still waiting in Canada.


Canadian copies are being shipped to Toronto this week, and then will get sent out from there.

So I'm guessing an ETA of around 2 weeks from now.


I rec'd an email with an invoice stamped "PAID" yesterday and a note saying to re-establish an account with Academy on their new website, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.