Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Isaac and All,

For the record, I have not KS'ed...yet. I have been engrossing myself the last few days in all of the commentary both here and the KS webpage learning about the game. Isaac, kudos for being very involved with feedback and information!

Isaac had mentioned that he was running out of Stretch Goals ideas. As with most games, the perils of errata happen, a typo here, a correction there, adding clarification, etc. I'm sure many of you, including myself, have KS'ed other projects that required payment for an update due to errata.

Would it be possible/feasible to look at a stretch goal that is a 'pre-pay' for any cards, standees, errata, etc. that may (I do stress may) need to be sent out later as an update?

At the very least it would save time as your number of backers (as I look at my other screen tonight, almost 3,300) would already be known to be sent to the manufacturer.

Also, it would give them piece of mind knowing that they wouldn't have to pay for updated content.

Okay, before the mashing begins -- let's say Isaac and crew are perfect with proofreading and top notch contents with no update needed. Pending him going to the local craft brew tavern and spending that part of the Stretch Goal on whistle ...well you get the point, an item could be sent later. (I couldn't think of anything off-hand -- Ideas?!?)

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubba P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! How about card sleeves if corrections aren't needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Not many companies offer replacement cards to fix typos or updated rules - mostly replacements are offered for miscut or misprinted components. If I were Isaac, I would think twice before offering such an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds an expensive stretchgoal since the rule/storybook might be quite big to be shipped free worldwide afterwards. Maybe use the extra money to hire a 3rd party professional proofreader/writer to minimize typo/rule mistakes as much as possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds problematic to "sell" an update package in advance.
Neither does the creator know how much it will cost nor will the backer know what it contains.

Then there is of course the issue of timing. An errata package will be always be a snapshot, meaning every error found beyond (or created by the errata package ) won't be in it.
So I already hear the screams of
"why are we waiting so long" fighting with "that's too early"

so it's easier for everyone concerned to maybe offer such a package at a later point, where everyone can see the fixed issues and decide if it is worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.