Viceroy» Forums » General

Subject: Missing card numbers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Viceroy but when I was counting the card numbers on the lower left corner of the cards, I found that I was missing some numbers from the Law and Character cards.
The numbers I miss are:
Characters: 2,11,17,38
Law: 67,68,69,78

The strange thing is that I am not missing any components since the rulebook states that I should have 60 character and 20 Law cards and I have that count.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
United States
Syosset
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
I recently bought Viceroy but when I was counting the card numbers on the lower left corner of the cards, I found that I was missing some numbers from the Law and Character cards.
The numbers I miss are:

The strange thing is that I am not missing any components since the rulebook states that I should have 60 character and 20 Law cards and I have that count.

That is actually interesting, because it confirms what was discussed in this other thread where people weren't sure what were the extra kickstarter cards. See Antonio's post below. The numbers match exactly the ones "missing" from your edition:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19878182#19878182

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gnbenson wrote:
noom777 wrote:
The numbers I miss are:

That is actually interesting, because it confirms what was discussed in this other thread where people weren't sure what were the extra kickstarter cards. See Antonio's post below. The numbers match exactly the ones "missing" from your edition:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19878182#19878182

Thanks for the sort of confirmation of the added cards, because Mayday never responded to that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OP, you probably bought an earlier edition of Viceroy -- a pre-Kickstarter one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
OP, you probably bought an earlier edition of Viceroy -- a pre-Kickstarter one.

If it was pre-Kickstarter, wouldn't the card numbers have been sequential?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.