Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being first player in the round??

So what is the importance of it? Why give the first player who is currently "last" when it comes to Legend Points? To me it seems pointless unless they get some kinda benefit.

I saw a comment on here about the first player deciding to pass on beginning monsters each round but have not seen anything about that in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first player could potentially have more turns during the battle phase, which potentially could mean more kills allowing them to get more points and catch up (or help close the gap).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wessel
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"Where are your nuclear wessels?" (Chekov, Star Trek IV)
mbmbmbmbmb
My group found it to not be much of a catch up mechanic since being the first to battle often meant that (already weak) player would start with a monster that would kill them, without having the option to pass (since everyone had a monster at the start of the phase). So, we instead switched to having a draft for the first round of monsters in order of lowest to highest victory points. It provided more of a catch up mechanism while really making things more engaging for everyone... especially some enjoyment of hate drafting the guy in the lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredlund
Sweden
Veberöd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that house rule, will test that next time we play. So for the second and third round we will turn up one monster for each player and then we will draft them in order of lowest to highest LP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.