Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lot's of people seem to like this hero ... I'm struggling to see how the transfer of 1 resource from another hero to him per game turn is really all that spectacular ..Am i missing something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a more useful ability than you might think. If you only want to run one Lore hero he's a really good choice because that ability makes it a lot easier to play those typically more expensive lore cards. He's a decent quester and can defend in a pinch. He's a dwarf which that in itself has many potential benefits. If I'm running more than one Lore hero he's not usually one I go to, but if I just want to splash it for card draw and healing he's my main dwarf.

Plus he has a really low starting threat which is also attractive.

Edit to add more reasons Bifur's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh hit most of it for me (low threat, resource smoothing, etc.) In a Daín deck he quests for 3 from the first round (as good as anything in Lore), and he's a natural match for burning brand (esp. If you buff him with boots from erebor and/or add some healing, which is also natural to Lore)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K C

Centennial
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bifur is amazing. Along with Thalin and Dain, he has the best ability for Dwarf heroes. You can turn a one-hero sphere into two, especially if paired with Leadership and their great resource acceleration. In multiplayer this is even more potent. You never know which hand is going to be stuck with useless cards, and extra resources. Bifur's resource smoothing avoids that, and has good stats to boost. These are all things uncommon in Lore, so getting it from a hero is a great deal for such a low threat. I use him in practically all KD scenarios to get powerful healers out quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifur is also an excellent target for narvi's belt, which allows a tri sphere dwarf deck drop 3 cost dwarves every turn without batting an eyelid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, they are all really helpful ..

~Definately worth taking another look at !

Just to confirm, Bifur can only receive ONE resource token in total per game round , is that correct? It's not one resource token per player per round is it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one total, correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
A few observations based on the games where I have played Bifur:

- When Bifur is on the table it it like automatically having Song of Wisdom on your other heroes, since their resources can be converted into Lore resources.

- The Lore sphere has some great cards which can be boosted by spending Lore resources, such as Longbeard Map-maker (Action: Spend 1 Lore resource to give Longbeard Map-Maker +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.) It can be hard to find the Lore resources to make that ability useful, and Bifur gives you a way to pool Lore resources to give the Map-maker a serious boost.

- Bifur allows you use a hero purely for their ability & stats. For instance you could use a Tactics hero without including any Tactics cards in your deck (or including only a few key tactics cards). Instead, every turn you would channel your Tactics hero's resource straight to Bifur and spend them on Lore cards instead.

- He minimizes the chance of you ending up with a hand full of cards you can't pay for. If you have a lot of Lore cards in your hand, and another hero's resource are accumulating, then give them to Bifur to spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.