Subject: Good Game, one minor Suggesstion for AT-STs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bortmes
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
I've owned this game for about 5 years now and have played probably a dozen times. It's simple, fun, but doesn't involve much thought. The random nature of the Action and Event cards means that there isn't a lot of Stratgey beyond "Get the Shield Generator" for the Impies and "Hold Out" for the Rebels!

A note: The game clearly favors the Rebels, in all the games I've seen and played in, the Empire has only won twice. Keep this mind when playing!

Minor Suggestion for AT-STs: I don't know if it was a misprint or what, but AT-STs have the same stats as Heavy Troopers. When you consider that they have thier own Move and Fire cards, and 1 of the 2 Imperial reinforcement cards is an AT-ST, I'd suggest making one of the following changes to them:

1: They should roll 5 fire dice instead of 4

or

2: They take a free "body" hit, thus needing two hits to destroy

I almost always play with the first option, this makes AT-STs more deadly and feared, and gives the Rebels something besides AT-ATs to worry about and shoot at!

Anywway, these are just my thoughts and suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Matt_76 wrote:
A note: The game clearly favors the Rebels, in all the games I've seen and played in, the Empire has only won twice. Keep this mind when playing!

Thats funny, because I played this game about 5-6 times and the Empire has won all games exept one (the transport cards were all in the upper half of the draw deck in this particular game)!
The Empire always managed to get 1-2 AT-ATs in range and sneak in a lucky shot. I tried different Rebel strategies, e.g. building one defence wall vs. using a more fexible defence, protecting the secondary target or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Another of those games that really needs tournaments, with people from all over, playing each other. That counteracts the "in our group, side X can't win!" "well, in our group, side Y can't win!" blather. Often groups discover entirely new tactics, or simply that they've misunderstood one of the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
None of us said that one side can't win, I merely stated that I made a different experience than Matt_76 and listed a few tactics I tried.
How's that blather?

And, given the fact that we live on different sides of the Atlantic, it's faily sure to assume that we never play any tournament games against each other. So the only way is to discuss things like that on the 'Geek, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have to concur with the others that the GAME 'slants' for the "Impies", and we'd PLAYED mine until the faces on the dices had worn OFF! I'd only managed ONE "Win" with the "Rebs" from ALL of those playings, so it does "follow the script" as closely with this all. It was also the major reason that I put forth THIS "suggestion" as well:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/233478

Check it out and see what develops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.