Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game» Forums » General

Subject: Touch of Death expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Loisel
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crycrycry

Can I buy it? Please? Just... you know... sell it through the pledge manager? I'll give you money for it, and I'm sure most backers will, too. Worth it! Also, and more importantly: Congratulations on the campaign, and thanks a million for making this game. I hope the whole word goes nuts over it and you end up doing 7 print runs.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whichever which'n way you decide to do the expansion, 'Dorg, I'm hoping that the response in this Kickstarter has been sufficient to show we are interested, and we would love to have hold of as much Gloomy-ness as we can get.

And, as I said (I think three or four times) in the Kickstarter, congratulations. Great job on a great campaign.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatnow....you say the expansion is almost ready...yes please.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the expansion will require extra time, money, and other resources to produce. The time part we would feel. The money and other resources would all fall on Tristan, and that part of the project wasn't funded. Also, many of us are vocal and would pledge extra money for it, but are we "many" 1000 many? There are probably lots of backers who barely pledged for the base game and are happy with it, or just want to spend the minimum and take the minimum "risk" because they aren't 100% sure they'll love it or even get it.

I say we let Tristan finish building this wonderful game with the goals the pledges met. Then once it comes out, feedback will be given, more public awareness will be made, and Tristan can decide whether there's enough interest at that point to do another Kickstarter for the expansion. Or heck, maybe he'll even get big-time publishing offers.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
-snip-


Gotta agree. This is a time for celebration, for sure, and I think another campaign or (fingers crossed for ya, 'Dorgs) a publishing deal for the core + expansion will be needed for the expansion.

All the same, the KS says it all. We're here, and we'll be watching.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurisenshi wrote:
Don't forget that the expansion will require extra time, money, and other resources to produce. The time part we would feel. The money and other resources would all fall on Tristan, and that part of the project wasn't funded. Also, many of us are vocal and would pledge extra money for it, but are we "many" 1000 many? There are probably lots of backers who barely pledged for the base game and are happy with it, or just want to spend the minimum and take the minimum "risk" because they aren't 100% sure they'll love it or even get it.

I say we let Tristan finish building this wonderful game with the goals the pledges met. Then once it comes out, feedback will be given, more public awareness will be made, and Tristan can decide whether there's enough interest at that point to do another Kickstarter for the expansion. Or heck, maybe he'll even get big-time publishing offers.

This +1 for me. We didn't make the goal, but we got WAY more than we could have hoped for. Let Tristan finish the game he designed and be happy with the extra sagas and other bonus content we unlocked.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
kurisenshi wrote:
Don't forget that the expansion will require extra time, money, and other resources to produce. The time part we would feel. The money and other resources would all fall on Tristan, and that part of the project wasn't funded. Also, many of us are vocal and would pledge extra money for it, but are we "many" 1000 many? There are probably lots of backers who barely pledged for the base game and are happy with it, or just want to spend the minimum and take the minimum "risk" because they aren't 100% sure they'll love it or even get it.

I say we let Tristan finish building this wonderful game with the goals the pledges met. Then once it comes out, feedback will be given, more public awareness will be made, and Tristan can decide whether there's enough interest at that point to do another Kickstarter for the expansion. Or heck, maybe he'll even get big-time publishing offers.

This +1 for me. We didn't make the goal, but we got WAY more than we could have hoped for. Let Tristan finish the game he designed and be happy with the extra sagas and other bonus content we unlocked.


+1.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a further, interesting discussion on this expansion here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1442892/new-campaign-right-...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I totally get your enthusiasm for the expansion, but you have to understand that I need to commit to delivering exactly what you’ve all paid for as a priority first. It's not completely off the cards but it might be unlikely - more info in the next update.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Hey guys, I totally get your enthusiasm for the expansion, but you have to understand that I need to commit to delivering exactly what you’ve all paid for as a priority first. It's not completely off the cards but it might be unlikely - more info in the next update.
Hey Tristan, I received my copy of GoK today and while sleeving the cards I immediately fell in love with the beautiful artwork. It made me wonder, is there any plan or even the intention to ever publish the Touch of Death expansion?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
Hey guys, I totally get your enthusiasm for the expansion, but you have to understand that I need to commit to delivering exactly what you’ve all paid for as a priority first. It's not completely off the cards but it might be unlikely - more info in the next update.
Hey Tristan, I received my copy of GoK today and while sleeving the cards I immediately fell in love with the beautiful artwork. It made me wonder, is there any plan or even the intention to ever publish the Touch of Death expansion?



Absolutely! It has grown so much it will now form a complete stand-alone expansion that is entirely compatible with Gloom of Kilforth, so you can play either game, or shuffle them together to double your content.

We just need to bring our second project 1066, Tears To Many Mothers (currently on Kickstarter) to life first, and then we'll return to Kilforth once more. zombie
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Hey Tristan, I received my copy of GoK today and while sleeving the cards I immediately fell in love with the beautiful artwork. It made me wonder, is there any plan or even the intention to ever publish the Touch of Death expansion?



Absolutely! It has grown so much it will now form a complete stand-alone expansion that is entirely compatible with Gloom of Kilforth, so you can play either game, or shuffle them together to double your content.

We just need to bring our second project 1066, Tears To Many Mothers (currently on Kickstarter) to life first, and then we'll return to Kilforth once more. zombie
That's great news Tristan. I presume Touch of Death will also be a Kickstart project?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan van der Laan wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
Jan van der Laan wrote:
Hey Tristan, I received my copy of GoK today and while sleeving the cards I immediately fell in love with the beautiful artwork. It made me wonder, is there any plan or even the intention to ever publish the Touch of Death expansion?



Absolutely! It has grown so much it will now form a complete stand-alone expansion that is entirely compatible with Gloom of Kilforth, so you can play either game, or shuffle them together to double your content.

We just need to bring our second project 1066, Tears To Many Mothers (currently on Kickstarter) to life first, and then we'll return to Kilforth once more. zombie
That's great news Tristan. I presume Touch of Death will also be a Kickstart project?


It almost certainly will be.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You might not even need to do a full expansion...

Maybe just a couple of more ancients + their plots, or even saga cards.

I mean... that would be faster, right? devil
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
You might not even need to do a full expansion...

Maybe just a couple of more ancients + their plots, or even saga cards.

I mean... that would be faster, right? devil


This please.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
You might not even need to do a full expansion...

Maybe just a couple of more ancients + their plots, or even saga cards.

I mean... that would be faster, right? devil


Oh, you mean like The Black Orc Plague expans-oops... whistle
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No,no, more like

Hostage Negotiator: Abductor Pack 1
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dead Drone
msg tools
Tristan

If The Touch Of Death hit on kickstarter, there will be a pledge option to buy GoK too (for those who haven't had oportunity to pledge it before)

Best regards!
Bartek
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deaddrone wrote:
Tristan

If The Touch Of Death hit on kickstarter, there will be a pledge option to buy GoK too (for those who haven't had oportunity to pledge it before)

Best regards!
Bartek


Depends how much stock we have left by then to be honest - you never know, we might be on our third printing by then! But if you missed out we should be opening the pledge manager next month. Stay tuned...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.